My Metro

What Do You Drive? Tell Us Here.
V8 Only Please,

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Ralphh85
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Ralphh85 »

theres little leverage cause the suspension is pushing in similar direction to the mounts, so its only really trying to push them vertically off the subframe, and dont under estimate the subframes, they are heavy great lumps (hence im gonna re make then in CDS tube).

also im putting considerably less force in that what they take as standard as the hydragas was very close to the pivot, i think the hydragas had something like a 2000LB/inch spring rate, but was about 1/5 ratio, mines are not far off on the end of the arm.

petrol tanks needs re making, alot of this i have only learned the hard way, but thats a nature of the game!

Ralph

CastleMGBV8
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by CastleMGBV8 »

DaveEFI wrote:
CastleMGBV8 wrote:Dave,

My information is that the Hotwire EFI can handle a cam with a LCA of 112 deg. if fueling is a problem Mark Adams said he has a chip that will suit the cam, alternatively a change to Megasquirt or similar will give total control of fueling and ignition which is a big advantage.

Kevin.
Oh indeed - I'm sure it can be made to work. Just cautioning against expecting it to be 'plug and play' with the standard injection.
As Ralph is running an Emerald ECU it should not be a problem at all.

Kevin.

Return to “Your Cars”