My 1976 Range Rover

What Do You Drive? Tell Us Here.
V8 Only Please,

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Lasse Kristensen

My 1976 Range Rover

Post by Lasse Kristensen »

Hello.
I recently purchased this nice 1976 3,5V8 Range Rover. New paint and leather interior done by a young lad who apparently lost interest in the RR. Possibly due to a very worn engine.
The job he's done on it is very nice - not perfect though. As mentioned elsewhere I'm currently replacing the engine with a lightly modified 3,9 litre.
I won't be using the RR for terrain, but more as a fun daily-driver and tow-car for my 1972 Opel Manta which I'm also currently restoring.
Other plans for the RR is perhaps exchanging the interior with a Vogue beige/cream leather version, although these are not easy to come by.
Other work needed is a touch-up of the enginebay, and some preventive care to the frame. Also minor cosmetic works are needed, but it is all very easy-to-do stuff.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Best regards, Lasse Kristensen

- Aerodynamics was invented by people who couldn't build decent engines

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC »

Some 'interesting' improvements there!

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8
R/R L405 4.4 SDV8

Lasse Kristensen

Post by Lasse Kristensen »

Hello Chris.
Are you thinking about the interior? The main reason I'm considering changing it is because a RR enthusiast has shown interest in the black interior. And not many colours will suit the black paint. I considered red or white, but these are not available, apparently. And I do not want a cloth interior. So I guess the beigecoloured Vogue leather interior will look nice. But for starters the black will do :).
Best regards, Lasse Kristensen

- Aerodynamics was invented by people who couldn't build decent engines

Return to “Your Cars”