Cobra Replica

What Do You Drive? Tell Us Here.
V8 Only Please,

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Marty V8

Cobra Replica

Post by Marty V8 »

Hi all,

My car is a kit car replica of an AC Cobra. The kit is manufactured by a firm called Pilgrim - the company recently went to the wall, but is apparently now in the process of being resurrected.

The car uses the Sierra as a base, from which are taken front and rear hubs, rear trailing arms, shafts and diff. Steering column is also Sierra, as are the brakes. All the rest is kit car (steel tubes and fibreglass).
The engine is an early 3.5litre SD1 Rover V8, which is standard apart from apparently having a Piper high torque cam in it.

I bought the car in 2004, and have more-or-less stripped it and started again. The only things that haven't been out of it since I bought it is the engine block and the rear diff - All the rest has either been put back on the car properly/the right way up/wired correctly/renewed, or chucked in the bin, including all the wiring (what a nightmare that was). This tells you the state it was in when I got it. I think the builder spent his money/time/enthusiasm on the chassis and engine and then got pi$$ed off with the rest of it, and just threw it togther.

Wish I'd found this website earlier, cos I would have definately won a prize for the most modifications - if it includes 'putting things right' as a mod :lol:

Currently got the heads off the engine to renew the inlet valve stem oil seals (flat rubber washer type), and am also nailing on a Weber 500/Edelbrock four barrel carb whilst I'm at it.

Cant find a way to post piccies here, but there are some in the garage section, search for Pilgrim as a manufacturer - also available if you click on the link under the Avatar photo.

Cheers

Marty :D

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC »

To post pics, you need to host them elsewhere, then link to them by enclosing the URL in [ img ] [ /img ] tags. (without the spaces)

Chris.

P.S. Sounds like a good project!
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8
R/R L405 4.4 SDV8

Marty V8

Post by Marty V8 »

Chris,

Thanks for the tip

Cheers

Marty