What Do You Drive? Tell Us Here.
V8 Only Please,

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Action Man

Hi-Lux V8

Post by Action Man »

This is my toy....

I'll do pics later .... 91 Hi-Lux ... with an 89 3.5 out of a Range Rover

Still needs work, but goes well ...errr well did ... but only a little prob to sort :D

Pipes were done by Exhaust Craft ..... with the brief of ... Like Mad Max's :D

Action Man

Post by Action Man »

Hope this works .... ooo it has

Eng mount mods by my mate Will

Check bonnet clearance

Start to fit stuff

New stripes

New 'Mad Max' pipes by Exhaust Craft

New '3' seat for me & the kids

RHS bank of pipes has to clear front diff

RHS pipes tuck in close to sump

RHS pipes showing clearance

NO FAN & Rad Clearance ... elec fans mounted in front of rad

mx5v8
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

hilux

Post by mx5v8 »

Like it :) A friend has a Hi-Lux which I borrow sometimes, think I can see some bargaining going on when he decides to sell :D
Maybe just the photo but that bottom hose looks exposed and unsupported. Thats what went on mine the other week so its now got extra jubilee clips and cable ties.

Action Man

Post by Action Man »

MX ... it's not the photo ... you are right it is unsupported , and I did wonder abuot putting an extra bracket in , however ya know how it is ... I thought I'd see how it all went and haven't got round to it .... it's not really exposed cos the front bumper is lower so nothing will hit it if I run into something .... as for off roading , well it's limited due to my extensive exhaust pipes now , cos I'd wreck them on a few chassis slides, and anyway I'm told V8's don't like too much water ... However a few on here seem to be coping well with almost full imersions :D ... But the new V8 will be ariving after christamas and I need to fit a new bonnet and new wings ... so mebe this time I'll do a few extra brackets too... :oops:

Have to say I've also taken a squizz at your MXV8 .... smart .... I'd heard it could be done but I've never seen one , looks a bit of a tight squeeze to fit all that in there :?

Return to “Your Cars”