Wide Arch sd1

What Do You Drive? Tell Us Here.
V8 Only Please,

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Monster V8
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by Monster V8 »

just a bit of an update, i have been busy on the front near side wheel arch and the front wing bumper and am slowly getting there.

Monster V8
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by Monster V8 »

just a bit of an update

it is time to fit the side skirts on he monster, i go these side skirts from ebay all the way from liverpool

or as VDP Chris calls them the canoe

these things are rather large

i have had to cut them about to get them on because of he wide arches, one side is on now and moulded on the car with fiber glass,nut and bolts and some silicone.

i have drilled holes and used nut and bolts to fix underneth, this side skirt will not be coming of in a hurry.

VDP Chris and i will be tacking the engine out in early NOV, the engine crane is in place ready to go.

i have my sanding weapons at the ready for this week end.

its amazing what you can do with a bit of p40

once the side skirts are on i have my next job with the p40.

Monster V8
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by Monster V8 »

Hi all just a bit of an update on the monster

I fancied a bit of a change after taking the engine out and working on the front of the car so I decided that I was going to prepare and put the rear spolier on (before I changed my mind about having it on the car again)

It is alot of work to mount and design new brackets for this to be able to bolt on to the car but after some hard work fibre-glassing and drilling I have finaly mounted this onto the car. I am at the stage now of just cleaning the fibre-glass up and some fillering to give a good finish.

This picture below shows the bolt sticking out the bottom of the down piece, I had to bolt on a new bracket then fibre glass this into place. I then drilled through the tailgate and bolted this on.

I had to clean out all of the old fibre-glass that wsa in the origanal brackets as all the metal behind it was rusty, I did not want to introduce any new rust to the car lol

I completey filled these side parts with fibre-glass as I wanted to guarantee the brackets I drilled and secured so it would not move, also I have had to cut back (make thinner) the side that meets the glass as I want to be able to take the rear glass in and out.

As you can see I have thinned out the side parts so when I have cleaned these up and filled and smothed these should allow the rear window to be fitted with this on.

The silver bracket you see in the below picture is what is in each side to ensure it will not move when bolted to the tailgate.

After I had bolted the spoiler to the tailgate I left a small gap between the spolier and the tailgate, I completey filled the gap with fibre-glass and it is on solid.

I have drilled the holes and fixed the bolts in the tailgate, I also left a small gap betwen the top of the spolier and the tailgate so I could fibre-glass to make sure I got a secure fix.

I have started to use the filler to get a nice smoth finish.

I have alot of sanding to do to get this finished and then it will be back on to the engine bay, probably a couple of days to get this right and a shed load of sandpaper lol

Some people have warned me that once you have fitted the spolier you can not take the rear window in and out, but because I have modifed the spolier it will not be a problem now. I have had the window in and out so many times now I think I could get a job with auto glass lol...

Return to “Your Cars”