My Range Rover Classic

What Do You Drive? Tell Us Here.
V8 Only Please,

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

RangieMatt

My Range Rover Classic

Post by RangieMatt »

Here she is :D

She's getting there slowly but surely, she's absolutely solid underneath which is great, and quite rare, being a 3.9 with a manual gearbox. This year I'm sorting out all the renewables, she's had new rear arches where the seat beat anchors bolt in and rot, a full service, I've fitted my own custom down-pipe back free flowing exhaust, and now I'm renewing all the suspension components, rebuilding the brake calipers with new pistons and seals, new steering damper and bushes up front, she's had new headlights, I want new foglights, spotlights wired up and fitted, wider profile tyres, the rims refurbished in Plymouth Blue, and a grey leather interior fitted. I'm getting there slowly but surely, then I can start playing with the engine a bit. :D

1991 Range Rover Vogue 3.9 EFI

volospian
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by volospian »

That looks very nice!

Got me thinkng now... :)

RangieMatt

Post by RangieMatt »

:D thanks, she sounds quite good too. I've uploaded a short video I took.

The exhaust is a very budget setup I did myself to get the V8 grunt out a bit while I worked on more important things like engine servicing and the rear arches, I think all in it cost me £60 to make it sound like it does now, it's ok, it sounds good under a little load, but at idle it's a bit, for want of a better expression, farty sounding :lol:

Always makes me smile though, and people never expect the sound from an old Range Rover :lol:

EDIT : My younger brother took the video, you'll have to excuse him saying I've selected reverse, he got a touch confused :lol:
1991 Range Rover Vogue 3.9 EFI

Return to “Your Cars”