What Do You Drive? Tell Us Here.
V8 Only Please,

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

The Original Tom
Getting There
Getting There

3.5 Rover V8 Defender 90

Post by The Original Tom »

This thing was a 2.5 petrol model whan I first got it, but after a lot of deliberation I decided to go V8.
I was meant to buy a 'good' engine and just stick it in "Don't f*** around with it" I told myslef.
Any way, a few months, £1000, and a lot of swearing and skinned knuckles I had a completely rebuilt V8. Only the Pistons, conrods and crank remain the same - EVERYTHING else is new, even the block! (the old one was badly scored).
It has a Kent cam (details at home) but it's designed for a torque and power boost whilst keeping a good idle and good manners.
Roughly + 18hp and + 20lb/ft.
Modified induction for more ommph, from the SU carbs, that are running needles used for military 3-ton armoured vehicles.
It also has LPG gas system.
9.35:1 should be upgraded to about 10:1 when I have the heads off.
It runs ok at the moment, but the gas system is badly down on power - thinking about just biting the bullet and letting someone else sort the last of it for me (a water leak and the tuning) - I've had enough!

Any, when I work out how to post pictures I'll post some!

Rover 3.5 V8 landy - Completely rebuilt and purring... Now awaiting a good tune!!

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC »

--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8
R/R L405 4.4 SDV8

DIB

Post by DIB »

Sounds cool project. Currently working on my Defender 90 V8. On the lookout for a 2nd hand Holley and Offenhauser to replace the SU's.

Good luck with it!
TVR 350i

Return to “Your Cars”