'79 MG-B + some others

What Do You Drive? Tell Us Here.
V8 Only Please,

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

RobertE

'79 MG-B + some others

Post by RobertE »

Hey guys, been reading the board for a while, and its definitely provided me with some interesting reads and helpful advice.

My current project is a '79 MG-B, the engine that is planned for the transplant is a 5liter Rover V8, currently carburated but planned to be changed to EFI. The car will have a Rover 5 speed gearbox, Frame strengthening, and Ford 8 inch rear.. full disc brakes and possibly coil overs once the money is available.

Pictures

Another car is the garage is a '72 MG-B w/ 3.5 EFI Rover.. Its my fathers car and I learned about cars helping him with it.. basic information on it can be found here http://www.britishv8.org/MG/BobEdgeworth.htm

Pictures

Daily driver... '94 Mustang GT, 5.0.. basic bolt ons, gears/cam/headers/exhaust.. Not the fastest car, but it gets the job done... Runs 14's w/ 135k on the motor, could care less, the quarter mile isnt my thing =P

I look foward to talking to some of you guys on the board.. I believe someone who I've gotten alot of inspiration from is on this board, Daxtojera?

I'm currently looking into fitting a Vortech V-1 Strim to the MG, or possibly just going with a high comp setup that includes ITB's... Unfortunately I'm not too experienced with aftermarket ECU's like Megasquirt/SDS, definitely my weak point. So I'm hoping to learn more about it here, since the folks in the US dont really use it on the rovers.

-RobertE
Sorry for such the long post =P
Last edited by RobertE on Wed May 02, 2007 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

katanaman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by katanaman »

Nice project and welcome to the forum.

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC »

And I guess you pay less than $7 a gallon for petrol.......

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8
R/R L405 4.4 SDV8

kev_the_mole
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kev_the_mole »

I'll be very interested to see where you find the room to fit the Vortech.

Cheers,

Ian

It's an engine Jim.....but not as we know it ;)

RobertE

Post by RobertE »

ChrisJC wrote:And I guess you pay less than $7 a gallon for petrol.......

Chris.
Yea.. around 2.74 USD for 87 octane, 3.02 USD for 93 Octane.. then again most of it has ethanol in it, and that ends up netting less performance.. although it makes great fuel for turbo's :)
kev_the_mole wrote:I'll be very interested to see where you find the room to fit the Vortech.

Cheers,

Ian
It appears theres enough room for it to mount.. done the measurements and such.. just havent had time to get my hands on the actual head unit to test fit and make a bracket for :(

Return to “Your Cars”