Fitting Fuel Injection and LPG - Jensen

Any posts regarding LPG to be posted here ONLY please.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

aatkins

Fitting Fuel Injection and LPG - Jensen

Post by aatkins »

Hi All

Wonder if anyone can help.

I have a Jensen fitted with an American big block v8 (440CI, 7.2litre)
I have a standard carb set up running petrol and lpg (through a standard venturi mixer).

As part of my long term upgrade I’m keen to move to fuel injection for the petrol (and possibly for the lpg). – I’m keen to keep the petrol for performance use and use the lpg for general driving and cruising.

I therefore want to fit a package that will allow me run petrol via efi and seamlessly switch over to lpg and vica versa.
I was thinking of fitting something like a holley throttle body or MPI kit. However, I’m not sure how this would work for the lpg? I gather you can fit emulators to the petrol injections. Would this mean the rest of the efi would still be able to function or do you need to by pass the ECU altogether?

Also, being able to switch ignition maps would be cool – I’ve seen Emerald ECU allows you to do this – anyone have a view how practical this would be? And what I would need to do to make this work.

Any tips / advice appreciated.
Many thanks
Alex

badger
Getting There
Getting There

Post by badger »

Go multiport efi, then when it is perfectly set up, fit a modern SGI type of LPG system. I'd suggest the OMVL Dream, as you will undoubtedly need a gas system which has the ability to add a small percentage of petrol at high throttle openings - I doubt if you will find any mainstream gas system capable of flowing the total fuel requirement for that monster engine.

P.S. LPG has more performance potential than petrol due to the higher octane rating......
Badger.
"Real sport has 8 spark plugs"
www.roverv8engines.co.uk

Return to “LPG Section”