stalling at junctions

Any posts regarding LPG to be posted here ONLY please.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

ezzz

stalling at junctions

Post by ezzz »

p6 auto 3500 running a holley with a mixer on top runs well on lpg but sometimes it stalls when im coming to a junction,as its auto it a pain as i have to stop,select park then fire it up again..the tick over on the carb is quite high,should i turn the screw on the vapioriser,or is there any thing else i should look at doing,i doesnt stall when im on petrol,when i first installed it you hear the gas coming out of the mixer so ive turned it down,is that the right thing to do...thanks for any advise

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC »

Is the idle mixture set up correctly?

Also, what is the orientation of the vapouriser. If for example it's fixed to the bulkhead, then either braking or accelerating will affect the mixture. If it's fixed to the wing, then the mixture will change when you corner (this is the preferred orientation)

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8
R/R L405 4.4 SDV8

ezzz

Post by ezzz »

right its mounted to the bulckhead,what is the correct setting for the small screw on the vapioriser ,should i be able to hear the gas going in to the carb before i start it,it stalls before i brake at juncions..thanks for any suggestions and replies..

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC »

You should be able to hear gas flowing before you start the engine (for a few secs before the safety device shuts it off).

You need to get the tuning guide for the vapouriser that you have. And then you need to borrow a gas analyser to set up the mixture.

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8
R/R L405 4.4 SDV8

ezzz

Post by ezzz »

if i turn the brass screw on the vapioriser so i hear gas (hissing noise)coming out of the mixer,the only times it stops is when i turn the ignition off,were is the safty cut out switch :?

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC »

The idea of the safety cut-out is if you crash, and the engine stalls, it doesn't keep pi**ing gas out until it explodes!

Somewhere there should be a relay type thing. It takes it's trigger from the ignition (either wrapped around an HT lead or coil -ve), and only turns on the gas supply if the engine is turning (and for a few secs after you turn on the ignition)

You may not have one, in which case it will never get LPG certification and your insurance company will not insure it.....

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8
R/R L405 4.4 SDV8

Return to “LPG Section”