Reduced tax on gas

Any posts regarding LPG to be posted here ONLY please.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

oilyfingers
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Reduced tax on gas

Post by oilyfingers »

Anybody know how much road tax reduction you get running on lpg? I have a disco3.9 with lpg, but need to find out regarding tax as yet to put on road. I have an install cert that came with purchase, but need to know where to go from here? Thanks..... terry

katanaman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by katanaman »

Really not sure on this but I dont think you get any. I think the reduction only applies on vehicles under a certain age and certified by the manufacturer during the type approval. The current gov really doesnt like 4x4 either so all your likely to get is the reduced tax on the fuel itself.

Rossco
Moderator Gold
Moderator Gold

Post by Rossco »

The precise reduction in pounds sterling is NIL....ZILCH......NADA

Not even a penny if you run 100% on LPG. I've had this argument with the DVLA and it's like peeling your own head with a cheese grater

oilyfingers
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by oilyfingers »

Well thanks for your reply's, was worth asking just to find out.

badger
Getting There
Getting There

Post by badger »

Rossco, it depends on the registration date of the vehicle.
If it's a pre-2001 (graduated tax banding introduction) vehicle, then you are correct there is no reduction. I've argued this one myself and had the same results as you. All they'll do is ammend V5C to show the new fuel status.
If post-2001, send V5C and gas certificate to DVLA and they'll ammend the computer, print out a new V5C and when your tax is due you'll find you've got a £15 reduction!! This reduces to £10 next year, I think.
Crazy thing is, I run a 5.7 Hemi and pay £385 (including reduction, lol) yet the same engine in a Dodgr Ram quad-cab only gets billed £185.... WTF! It's because it's too heavy to be classed as a dual-purpose vehicle and gets treated the same as a goods vehicle under 7.5 tons, i.e. £185! Now where is the bloody logic in that, I ask!
Badger.
"Real sport has 8 spark plugs"
www.roverv8engines.co.uk

Return to “LPG Section”