Stand Alone Sequential Injection

Any posts regarding LPG to be posted here ONLY please.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Rossco
Moderator Gold
Moderator Gold

Stand Alone Sequential Injection

Post by Rossco »

Does anyone know of a stand alone injection system.

Problem is the old Range Rover was an EFi but I ripped all the injection kit out of her when I went 100% LPG.

The 455 is pushing the boundaries of reality for a mixer system and although I could go with something like this http://cars.rasoenterprises.com/Propane ... adCarb.htm The cost is more than an injection system.

Any thoughts?

Allan

stevieturbo
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by stevieturbo »

All the usual suspects apply....of which there are dozens.

can you elaborate more as to your requirements ??

Obvious cheapy starters are Megasquirt and VEMs etc etc etc.

Just because they do fuel and ign, doesnt mean you have to use both items.
9.85 @ 144.75mph
202mph standing mile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgWRCDtiTQ0

badger
Getting There
Getting There

Post by badger »

Rossco, assuming you mean standalone LPG, then the OMVL Dream 21-P (or "PIRO") has a dual operating mode - standalone or slave. That may well do the job. Talk to FES autogas on 0845 230 1819, ask for Dai. let me know how you get on if you call him.
Badger.
"Real sport has 8 spark plugs"
www.roverv8engines.co.uk

softdash3.9
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by softdash3.9 »

My BiGas LPG sequencial can operate on LPG only(from Tinleytech)

Independant ECU with MAP sensor integrated

Engine/EFi inputs are
1) throttle pot, could rig one up
2) Igntion coil pick up
3) No 1 injector input, suppose that is the difficult one if no EFi, crank sprocket sensor, with a circuit to half the pulses????

Just throwing ideas around :wink:
Regards
Royston

bodger
Guru
Guru

Re: Stand Alone Sequential Injection

Post by bodger »

Rossco wrote:Does anyone know of a stand alone injection system.

Problem is the old Range Rover was an EFi but I ripped all the injection kit out of her when I went 100% LPG.

The 455 is pushing the boundaries of reality for a mixer system and although I could go with something like this http://cars.rasoenterprises.com/Propane ... adCarb.htm The cost is more than an injection system.

Any thoughts?

Allan
Hi Allan , did you have any joy ?

i have a rover v8 efi and i have removed the flapper airflow meter and i'm currently trying it on LPG only with a view to getting rid of the all of the STD electronics ECU and the lot and just leaving the manfold / plenum and making use of just the throttle body/butterfly and a round mixer
and blanking off the holes where the injectors go ...also that would mean that the extra air valve and pipe work could go too leaving a very simple system ...i 'm running a very basic Lambda controlled power valve and that seems to cope quite well
remember it's only a bodge if it DOSN'T worK

Rossco
Moderator Gold
Moderator Gold

Re: Stand Alone Sequential Injection

Post by Rossco »

bodger wrote:
Rossco wrote:Does anyone know of a stand alone injection system.

Any thoughts?

Allan
Hi Allan , did you have any joy ?

i have a rover v8 efi and i have removed the flapper airflow meter and i'm currently trying it on LPG only with a view to getting rid of the all of the STD electronics ECU and the lot and just leaving the manfold / plenum and making use of just the throttle body/butterfly and a round mixer
and blanking off the holes where the injectors go ...also that would mean that the extra air valve and pipe work could go too leaving a very simple system ...i 'm running a very basic Lambda controlled power valve and that seems to cope quite well
No none at all.

Your setup is exactly what I was running on the 3.8

At the moment I'm going to run the 455, or rather the 462, on ppppppetrol (can't even bring myself to say it) and then go over to a twin Impco 425 system.

Return to “LPG Section”