what to look for in an LPG kit

Any posts regarding LPG to be posted here ONLY please.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Ralphh85
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

what to look for in an LPG kit

Post by Ralphh85 »

once i have done my convertion the chap i got my engine off said i can have an LPG kit off him for £100, obviously 2nd hand, what should i look for to see if its any good as i gather there are a few different types of system for LPG? some start from cold some not? tho my knowledge is limited.

from reading other threads you just have to tell the ECU that the engines stoped by cutting the rev counter feed to it? so that it stops injecting fuel and cuts the fuel pump?

also his kit has a huge tank, which is probly bigger than my car, what type of mileage do you get from LPG and what are the smaller tank sizes?

cheers
Ralph

bodger
Guru
Guru

Post by bodger »

ralph , all you need for an lpg kit is a tank with filler and valves/ vaporiser / mixer / cutoff valve / change over switch , very easy to fit on the rover v8
i have put a solenoid in to switch the ECU sense wire from the coil neg that stops the injectors firing and i have fitted one to switch the fuel pump supply too
see wiring here Image

( i would highly recomend doing this as the other one leaves the fuel pump running and just in case you run out of petrol and switch to gas you won't then burn out your fuel pump by running it dry)
, both switch by the petrol side of the change over switch , and the solenoid valves on the tank , the vaporiser are both switched by the GAS side of the changeover switch ...and thats it ...a lot easier the it sounds ...
i have also fitted a lamda controlled flow valve , but it's not really needed

Return to “LPG Section”