QUICK HELP NEEDED WITH LPG WIRING

Any posts regarding LPG to be posted here ONLY please.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

wayno
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

QUICK HELP NEEDED WITH LPG WIRING

Post by wayno »

Ive inherited myself with a job today just after a few pointers for when i take a look tomorrow.

Its a gas converted range rover, apparantly since a garage has replaced the coil the car no longer switches to lpg.

Im guessing either the wires are mixed up on the coil or not been refitted at all ?

Can anyone confirm what wires go where on the coil. If my memory serves me correctly there are two ? Ignition feed + rpm signal for switch over ? am i correct in saying this.

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC »

There are two possibilities. Both involve some small 'timing relay' box that only allows the gas system to work if it detects that the engine is running. It has a feed from the ignition system to do this, and this feed can be done in one of two ways:
1 - feed wire wrapped 10 times around the king HT lead, but not connected to it
2 - feed wire connected to coil -ve. (either white/black or white/blue from memory)

HTH,

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8
R/R L405 4.4 SDV8

wayno
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by wayno »

Thanks for the advice mate found the rpm trigger wire hanging down the inner wing connected her up and bobs your uncle shes all sorted

linnthebinnate

lpg section

Post by linnthebinnate »

I accidently came upon this site, while looking for books on fitting gas to a Rover V8 injection, which I have fitted into an E Type kitycar. The information is very helpfull. Unfortunately I have dyslexia :lol: so reading destructions is, to me, akin to trying to fart in Russian.
Consequently, if you see a fat b........ with a conrod in his hand, floating over your house, please smile and wave.
Anyone know of such a book! In all fairness, do,nt think I need one now, thanks to all you gentlemen.
Thought I,d mention, in passing. A&P motorcycles sell a can of clear spray to put on your number plates. It reflects light, Like bulb flashes, so I,ve been told. Can,t think what to use it for, answers on a e-mail!!!!!!!!!!
L.THomas

Rossco
Moderator Gold
Moderator Gold

Post by Rossco »

Linnthebinnate

Thanks for that piece of spam

Return to “LPG Section”