brc lpg issuise

Any posts regarding LPG to be posted here ONLY please.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

powernut
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

brc lpg issuise

Post by powernut » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:54 pm

mine has the round tank fittrd in the spare wheel .and when i fill gas tank its showing empty (one led light .and keeps sayi g low gas and beeping and then switchers bk to petrol .i couldnt find the sender tank wires .i assume under neath ? any advise and help

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:53 pm

Depends on the tank. You should find a brass plate on the tank (often part of the fill / outlet assembly) with the level sensor. It looks like a small dial with a green and a black wire coming out. It is controlled by a magnet inside the tank the magnetic field of which passes through the brass and turns the small dial.

It is very unlikely to be on the bottom. It should be on the top somewhere.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksi ... &_from=R40

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8

powernut
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by powernut » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:59 pm

cheers but its not that type tbh .this is inside the vechical with led green lights as mine keeps flashing saying empty then constantly bleeps i assume sender in tank is faulty .but carnt seem to find any sensor wires on this tank

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:00 pm

The sender is not inside the tank. It is on the outside. Perhaps you have something unusual (in which case a photo or two of the tank would be good), but all the ones I have seen have a sender like shown above, wired to the gauge / line of LED's / whatever is at the front.

You won't have any wires coming from inside the tank!

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8

powernut
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by powernut » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:44 pm

ChrisJC wrote:The sender is not inside the tank. It is on the outside. Perhaps you have something unusual (in which case a photo or two of the tank would be good), but all the ones I have seen have a sender like shown above, wired to the gauge / line of LED's / whatever is at the front.

You won't have any wires coming from inside the tank!

Chris.
hi chris im confused as the link above only shows anologe gauges .not the gas leval sensor that i assume measures the gas in the tank .which then shows on the display of the switch ( row of leds ) .my tank is a round one that fits in the spare well carrierr.

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:23 pm

Ah, yes, sorry, perhaps I should clarify. That thing in the picture is a sensor & gauge. Because it's mounted on the tank, inside the airtight box, you can't see it, so it is only really used for it's sensor function. The wires then go off to your digital row of lights which translate the analogue signal from that sensor into the row of lights.

So I am 90% sure you will have one of those on the tank somewhere, probably next to the point where the fill / exit pipes join the tank.

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8

Return to “LPG Section”