making up a wade RO34 blower inlet manifold for Rover V8

General Chat And Help Regarding Turbocharging and Supercharging.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

crozch

making up a wade RO34 blower inlet manifold for Rover V8

Post by crozch »

hi guys

iv been reading alot on here and looking at other peoples pictures of what theyve done to make a blower inlet manifold, none really look all that complex apart from the clever ones who have made the entire manifold from scratch :D

im wondering really what is the best Rover V8 manifold to use, i have a few choices i could use already, iv got a nice edelbrock 4 barrel manifold, i could make an adapter of some sort that bolts on to save ruining the nice edelbrock manifold,

iv also got 2 or 3 stock twin Su carb manifolds, that were common on the original V8s, which could be machined flat and make an adapter and plate for the blower to fit on

iv also seen people using the other injection/trumpet manifolds which actually seems a better way to go to me as there is a bigger surface to take a plate to mount the blower to, i like this idea the most as iv seen alot of modified manifolds where the bottom blower plate has been welded to the manifold and blended in to make it look almost like a stock manifold which looks nicer in my view and less bolts to come undone,

what are your views?

also whats the best way to mount the blower to a manifold in terms or sandwhich plates etc due to the offset/slant outlet from the blower casing to bring it back to a more squared position to a manifold,

has anyone got any build photos of any of the above, any into would be a great help

or does anyone know of a blower manifold for a RV8 going for sale?

thanks

charlie

Blown v8
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Blown v8 »

Have a read of Mr.Topcatproduction`s thread,very good read
http://www.v8forum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4285
UKBlowers have been known to make manifolds !
Bryan

crozch

Post by crozch »

thanks

iv been talking to topcat on here and he said he'd be able to help me out if i need the help, posted this before i got hold of him lol

iv also spoken to nigel at uk blowers and he said he managed to find a rover V8 blower manifold and iv also found another on another forum so looks like im sorted :)

thanks though,

charlie

Return to “Forced Induction”