TVR blower setup

General Chat And Help Regarding Turbocharging and Supercharging.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

conrod
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

TVR blower setup

Post by conrod »

I have beeen toying with the idea of fitting a blower to my RV8, and noticed these parts on fleabay being sold by the RV8 Engine Parts Shop.
I was not even aware that TVR ever made a blower setup for the Rover!

Does anyone have any pics of one of these installed so I can see if it will work in my application (trying to figure how/where the blower sits, looks like might be laying on its side, beside or above L/H cyl. head)

Does anyone know the history of these parts, and if there were any inherent problems with this setup? It looks like quite a good road setup to me, nice casting quality & design, Eaton blower, ability to run intercooler, and a plenum which looks like it might flow okay, although that elbow exiting the blower does look a bit restrictive.

thanks Conrad :D

Image[/img]Image
ImageImage
ImageImage

yonexsp

Post by yonexsp »

Bump

I am looking at these as well as a possible for my SD1 with a flapper setup.

Anyone any ideas about the parts?

daxtojeiro
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by daxtojeiro »

Ive had one of those plenums for a while, but its intake size is increadably small, I would guess its for a small sized RV8, 4.0l at the most.

Even the blower in the picture looks small, maybe smaller than an Eaton 112, possibly a 90 I would guess.

But Im certain it could be adapted to make it fit any RV8 and the larger Eaton,
Phil

http://www.extraefi.co.uk/cobra/accobra.htm SuperCharged 5325cc V8 Cobra Replica (Full sequential Fuel and Ignition MS3 management)

conrod
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by conrod »

The blower looks like an M90 to me, same as the one fitted to the Ford Thunderbird SC. Interesting about the small plenum size.

Eliot
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by Eliot »

I would agree that its an M90 as I have one in the shed. Originally of a 3.6 engine i think, probably ok up to a 3.9.
Eliot Mansfield
5.7 Dakar 4x4, 4.6 P38 & L322 TDV8
www.mez.co.uk / www.efilive.co.uk

Return to “Forced Induction”