3.9 Range Rover Supercharger manifold design

General Chat And Help Regarding Turbocharging and Supercharging.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Rangy

Post by Rangy »

Thank you Mike i will shop around for a larger blower posibly a eaton 90 or bit bigger, might still have to install what i have as tempory.
Are you able to view my photo's.
any coments on them.

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

Looking at the pictures are you thinking of mounting the supercharger straight on top of the injection manifold? just I think you may be better using the injection plenum and pipework to connect the output of the blower, getting even flow into all 8 ports could be tricky with out enough distance for the flow to sort itself out.
Best regards
Mike
poppet valves rule!

Rangy

Post by Rangy »

The supercharger shown was mounted via the plenum and adapter plate to the top of the standard EFI manifold.
I have an Excel data log from dyno that does show high temperatures of around 120 C however injectors were cycling out.
Could send that Excel file or post here but don't know how.
You may find it interesting.
As the runners on the EFI manifold rely on trumpets to equalise their length, I believe it would be better to use a modified, remanufacture the Holly configured manifold.
Could you explain how to delete my other posting?
And should I start a new thread concerning the engine questions.
I do not wish to clutter up this forum.
Trying to abide by the rules.
Peter

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

Hi Peter
Deleting threads is in the power of the mighty and nobel moderators on here :nw . Generally though threads stay as you may think of them as clutter when finished but there are others that read them, it always suprises me how even very old threads are referred to again and again.
Generally, and I stand to be corrected here, but if the next question is along the lines "engine modifications for my supercharged . . .project" and will be specific to your previous threads then I would start the thread here then, provided it is nice and obviously titled we can refere to this thread quickly when answering.
If you think the engine enquiries will be more general and you are only looking for general detail changes for supercharging then stick in in the engines area.
Either way you may still get moved, but that is generally how it has worked in the past. :D
Best regards
Mike
poppet valves rule!

Return to “Forced Induction”