info on rover v8s and FI please

General Chat And Help Regarding Turbocharging and Supercharging.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

ihatesissycars
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by ihatesissycars »

I can't aresed with all the converting over etc etc plus its all set up for a rover now plus i'd need to get 4+ grand up for the engine and so on plus more for other bits to change it over undoubtably plus the thought of making exhaust manifolds is enough to put me off engine conversions in capris (picture the drivers side!) forever!

Anyways, i luuuuuuuurve the way it handles with the rover in it so i don't want to risk fluffing that up at all in the slightest!!!

V8'less but a fountain of dorky knowledge ref v8's!

stevieturbo
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by stevieturbo »

ihatesissycars wrote:I can't aresed with all the converting over etc etc
That was my attitude for years. I knew there were better options out there, but I still stuck with the Rover. I had so many bits set up around it, that it would be a massive job to change.

With hindsight, it is a false economy. Yes, it is more work to fit, but in most peoples cases, that time is their own, so in some ways free.

The end result though can actually be more cost effective in the long term.
9.85 @ 144.75mph
202mph standing mile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgWRCDtiTQ0

ihatesissycars
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by ihatesissycars »

The thought has crossed my mind many times and is definately an option for the future however i'm knee deep in Rover stuff and my car has spent more time off the road than on it and i just want to drive at the moment so and engine swap is definately not an option at the moment.

I don't want to over power my car though, i've built it as a fast road thing rather then track days or straight lining so i don't want an engine that completely dominates everything so i want to see how i get on with the 4.6 i have on the bench next year. If that doesn't deliver the goods then i'll look very seriously into the ls1.

I want to X-Pack the thing before that though yippee!
V8'less but a fountain of dorky knowledge ref v8's!

The Original Tom
Getting There
Getting There

Post by The Original Tom »

My engine build was £1500 and that was a completely rebuilt 3.5, many of the bits came off ebay and were much cheaper then they should have been, and others were good prices at mates rates.
I payed £20 for a brand-new inlet manifold and 2 new MoD SU Carbs, and £100 for an LT85 gearbox, and the base engine cost me £130. All the rest went on internals (kept same pistons, rods, head, valve gear and rocker gear, dizzy but that's it)

The next time I have the money to change engines I'm going to get a chevy block imported from the U.S. getting 250bhp from a rover V8 is not exactly easy, so I'm either hoping to be able to afford a 350 (or ideally a 540 big-block :) )

Take a look at what is available in america for effectively peanuts!! (£1 is worth near as dammit $2)
http://www.proformanceunlimited.com/
Rover 3.5 V8 landy - Completely rebuilt and purring... Now awaiting a good tune!!

Eliot
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by Eliot »

The Original Tom wrote:(£1 is worth near as dammit $2)
+Shipping + Duty + Handling + Vat
Eliot Mansfield
5.7 Dakar 4x4, 4.6 P38 & L322 TDV8
www.mez.co.uk / www.efilive.co.uk

Return to “Forced Induction”