Vortech centrifugal V-2 E supercharger OK for 302 ?

General Chat And Help Regarding Turbocharging and Supercharging.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Mark
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Vortech centrifugal V-2 E supercharger OK for 302 ?

Post by Mark »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

Is this worth a bid ?

What kind of boost / BHP is it good for ?

I have a 302 small block Ford.

I will do some Googling but some of you guys have first hand experience with this kind of thing.

Thanks

Mark

302 V8 Sierra 5 door sleeper under way

Mark
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by Mark »

Had a quick google, looks too big ?

Mark

bones
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by bones »

v2-e is good for 775hp and 17psi, have alook at the vortech website and check out the comparrison chart, it gives the info on there. Although i wouldnt of thought it was to big as a mustang gt uses a v7 item on them :) rich

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

Hi Mark
Depends on how much boost you want and what state of tune the engine is in. I am pretty sure it could be made to work well, but you would want to be aiming at about 15 psi boost or a bit over at 6500 revs, have good heads that would flow well along with a decent amount of cam timing (ie sticking it on a pretty much standard engine and expecting it to work would not be an option). looking at the quoted flow figures It should work when geared right.
Best regards
Mike
poppet valves rule!

Mark
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by Mark »

Thanks for the advice, I assume the supercharger would be inefficient running lower boot levels due to its size ?

15psi sound a fair bit :lol:

Mark

stevieturbo
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by stevieturbo »

bigger is better.

just bare in mind it looks like a CCW unit ( anticlockwise rotation ) so it would need mounted with the mouth facing forwards.
9.85 @ 144.75mph
202mph standing mile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgWRCDtiTQ0

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

the V2 has will want to deliver 1100 cft/min at 17psi boost at 22K revs, 488 cu ft/min 7.6 psi at 14.7k revs, 275 cu ft/min at 4.25 psi at 11k revs, 122 cu ft/min at 1.9 psi boost at 7300 revs and on down. if you put less flow demand on it the boost goes up and visa versa, the big issue is at idle, if the charger delivers less flow at no boost (ie 1 bar absolute) it willact as an extra restriction at or close to idle, but as soon as it spins a little faster it stops acting as a restriction and enables the engine to make alot more power leading to an unstable posotive feedback system giving the effect of opening the throttle further than you planned, get the match wrong and it will be undrivable at low engine speeds. it should be pretty close if the engine demands enoughflow at peek power as it will enable you to run it fast enough just above idle. you need to plot the required flow of the engine against the boost requirment and gear it for best match to the supercharger flow curve above. I hope that makes sense.
Best regards
Mike
poppet valves rule!

stevieturbo
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by stevieturbo »

????

There are no issues. Boost is determined by how restrictive the engine is.

Bigger is better.

And the throttle determines the restriction at idle, not the blower. It also determines how much air goes in the engine.

Just gear the blower so it will roughly provide xxx bhp of air at your max usable rpm.

You may not make this much power...but its a decent starting point.

If it was me...I'd just spin it as fast as possible :D

I must get that cog drive sorted for mine :twisted:
9.85 @ 144.75mph
202mph standing mile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgWRCDtiTQ0

Mark
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by Mark »

stevieturbo wrote:bigger is better.

just bare in mind it looks like a CCW unit ( anticlockwise rotation ) so it would need mounted with the mouth facing forwards.
Bugger :?
I did not even consider that and doubt I would have the room, can some one outbid me :mrgreen:

I bid £320 and it's bound to go for more than that going by the new prices, only bid because it was cheap. Cheap but wont fit :oops:

Mark

Return to “Forced Induction”