wade supercharger startup

General Chat And Help Regarding Turbocharging and Supercharging.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

crappycresta

wade supercharger startup

Post by crappycresta »

hi i am just about finished building a supercharged rover 3.9 with ro34 supercharger,my question is what is the ignition timing,for a supercharged engine.thanks Al

JP.
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by JP. »

38 total @ 4000 rpm for an NA engine & 32 total @ 4000 for a blown engine.
You could use a BTM module like one from MSD ignitions which will retard the timing when there is boost, meaning you don't have to recurve your dizzy and the BTM does it when needed.

On normal driving conditions you won't see boost so a boost curve on a street car will make the car lazy. You only need a boost curve under wide open throttle conditions and this is when the BTM module gets handy.

http://www.msdignition.com/product.aspx ... ing+Master
'73 Ford Capri. 3.5 RV8, Magnacharger 110 Supercharger, Merlin F85 Heads, Water/Methanol Injected
'73 Ford F250, 6.7ltr V8
Building a GT40 mk2

Toyv8a

Re: wade supercharger startup

Post by Toyv8a »

crappycresta wrote:hi i am just about finished building a supercharged rover 3.9 with ro34 supercharger,my question is what is the ignition timing,for a supercharged engine.thanks Al
Ihave jus acquired an ro34 for my 3.9i which will be going in the hi lux. Needs snout, pulley manifolds.
Are there pictures that I could find to get me started on the build? Thanks, t
Thanks

crappycresta

ro34

Post by crappycresta »

if i could figure out how to up load photos of my car ,i would put them up,the inlet manifold on my car is a cast alloy item ,that i have never seen on any other supercharged rover,it sits low in the valley,others i have seen are mainly modified standard inlet manifold,but the final setup is to high,try www.megadyne.co.uk,for drive belts and drive pulleys

goold luck
crappycresta

Toyv8a

Post by Toyv8a »

thanks crappycresta for getting back to me. will carry on looking.

THanks

toyv8a

Return to “Forced Induction”