bypass valve fitment

General Chat And Help Regarding Turbocharging and Supercharging.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

barneybrendan

bypass valve fitment

Post by barneybrendan »

i have a gen 3 eaton m90 going into my na mk4 supra.the charger has come from an xjr6 .at the moment the bypass valve is after the throttle body but before the charger venting to the outgoing side of the charger.
but im thinking of putting the throttle bady after the charger for ease of fitment,does this mean the bypass valve being before the charger will be no good.
this is a link of the build so far

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=203331

if there is a better way of fitting a bypass valve on the setup i am open to suggestions.

bigaldart
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by bigaldart »

Does the throttle body include the airflow meter? if so then mounting after the charger will put the maps all over the place as it is measuring much denser air. Also not too sure about how the throttle plates will stand up to shutting on boosted air. It would be better to mount the throttle before the blower otherwise you will need a blow off valve between the charger and the throttle body to vent excess boost. You will still need the relief for a backfire as well. Why re-invent the wheel, airflow sensor and throttle before the blower is the tried and tested way. The problems are not insurmountable but cause unneeded complication.

Alan

Return to “Forced Induction”