supercharger do i dont i???

General Chat And Help Regarding Turbocharging and Supercharging.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

landy 88 v8

supercharger do i dont i???

Post by landy 88 v8 »

hey guys im in a bit of a dilemma ive been offerd wat looks like a magneson supercharger and a four barrel carb bolted to a 3.5 rover lump with low compression pistons standard cam all the pullys tensioners and plates belts looks a bit rough and ready with engine build frame and loads of extras for £600 but i want to rebuild it and make it look nice and shiny but my mum nd dad arnt happy about it is that a good buy cheers guys would appreciate some info on what to look out for aswell thanks .

bones
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by bones »

£600 for the lot seems a good price, im not sure what to look for as i know nothing about superchargers, a supercharged v8 all shiny does look very cool :D rich

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

Hi,
Got a picture of what you are being offered?
certainly a supercharger is the quickest way to more power where you want it for a landy, I wouldn't rush to lower the compression ratio, what boost is it intended to deliver? what CR is your existing engine?
Best regards
Mike
poppet valves rule!

landy 88 v8

i now own the super charger cool

Post by landy 88 v8 »

hey guys ive now bought the lot . but im a bit unsure about what supercharger it is because they look the same on the outside but ive only got two finned rotors if that makes any sense i think it been reconditioned a 100 miles ago and its going into i hope a mk3 cortina coz i like the classic ness about them and big drag type tyers on the back with a jag gearbox should cope with the torque shud be a lot of fun :D

landy 88 v8

about my landy

Post by landy 88 v8 »

hey my landy is a series 2a with four pin diffs on 300 tdi discovery v8 axles coil conversion all round with a r380 five speed gearbox and a discovery transferbox with a rebuilt rover sd1 3.5 v8 with a highlift cam and high compression pistons at the moment its reconed its a 200 bhp lump all i know it beats most things off the lights and it goes like sh#t off a shovel 8)

Eliot
Top Dog
Top Dog

Re: about my landy

Post by Eliot »

landy 88 v8 wrote:hey my landy is a series 2a with four pin diffs on 300 tdi discovery v8 axles coil conversion all round with a r380 five speed gearbox and a discovery transferbox with a rebuilt rover sd1 3.5 v8 with a highlift cam and high compression pistons at the moment its reconed its a 200 bhp lump all i know it beats most things off the lights and it goes like sh#t off a shovel 8)
I'll give you a race of the lights... 8-)
Eliot Mansfield
5.7 Dakar 4x4, 4.6 P38 & L322 TDV8
www.mez.co.uk / www.efilive.co.uk

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Re: about my landy

Post by ChrisJC »

Eliot wrote:
landy 88 v8 wrote:hey my landy is a series 2a with four pin diffs on 300 tdi discovery v8 axles coil conversion all round with a r380 five speed gearbox and a discovery transferbox with a rebuilt rover sd1 3.5 v8 with a highlift cam and high compression pistons at the moment its reconed its a 200 bhp lump all i know it beats most things off the lights and it goes like sh#t off a shovel 8)
I'll give you a race of the lights... 8-)
Me too, me too! :lol: (only got 250BHP myself, so I think Eliot would win)

Let the lights be christmas tree shaped......

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8
R/R L405 4.4 SDV8

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

"I'll give you a race of the lights... "
That is if you don't mash yet another gearbox in the process :lol: :lol:
Mike
poppet valves rule!

landy 88 v8

ha ha ha ha

Post by landy 88 v8 »

ok guys i asked for that i did mean the poxy boy racers but as u guys have the big toys all i can do is buy a chevy small block 6.2 or summat with sum sort of yank transmission i really shud of learn to walk before i run and yes i thought ur comments were :lol: but im here to learn so soz :oops:

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

some pictures would still help :D
Learning is the fun bit, read all you can, there are loads of good books on the subjectand you can always google. There are the past threads on here which are pretty informative, look at what others on here have built Big al dart for instance (his is a pretty radical drag engine), Tom's MX5 engine and a couple the Nederland guys have build good road going supercharged engines.
Best regards
Mike
poppet valves rule!

andyv8van
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by andyv8van »

Hi,

well this a magnuson set for a serp belt rover

it will be challenge but i`m sure it will put a smile on your face when you run it

best of luck with the project

Andy
3.9 V8 Mini Van....THE BEAST

JP.
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by JP. »

And this is a Magnuson Magnacharger110 set for Gilmer drive..
'73 Ford Capri. 3.5 RV8, Magnacharger 110 Supercharger, Merlin F85 Heads, Water/Methanol Injected
'73 Ford F250, 6.7ltr V8
Building a GT40 mk2

landy 88 v8

oops

Post by landy 88 v8 »

hey guy been doing sum reserch on that supercharger :? it a wade ro34 supercharger from a big lorry apparentley not a magneson charger so it wud be great if i cud get as much info and the best components to use for maximum power cheers guys :D and ive been tryin to find out if i got a bargain or not so i can set to work on more power :lol:

bigaldart
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by bigaldart »

Just have a scan at the other threads, there are a couple on the Wade blower, keep the boost sensible and you can have a really good fun set up.

Alan

Return to “Forced Induction”