charger ribbed pulleys

General Chat And Help Regarding Turbocharging and Supercharging.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

charger ribbed pulleys

Post by Coops »

are the charger pulleys available in 6 and 7 rib (7 is what my serp front end is)

Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Forged 4.8 V8 kitted out with the dogs Cajones of parts. :D
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

Hi Tony
I hope this is relevent but I have 6 and 7 rib pullies for my dry sump pump from CV which are for te same type of belt, just can't get to them at the moment, thanks to a typhoon I am stuck in Hanoi. . . not a V8 in sight :sob (I don't count russian/ chinese copies of GMC deisels) and lining up 8 honda 110 step through motor bikes just doesn't cut it! :?
Mike
poppet valves rule!

SuperV8
Guru
Guru

Post by SuperV8 »

I used alternator pulleys.
I phoned an alternater refurb company and they seemed to have a large selection of different diameters.
I think alternaters tend to have a shaft dia of 17mm (ish) Don't know if thats the same as your blower. Would be easy to enlarge the pulley hole, maybe a little harder to make it smaller... :shock:

kev_the_mole
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kev_the_mole »

Mike,

please bring me back a Chinese / Russian GMC V8 diesel copy. I need one for a new project :D

Cheers,

Ian

It's an engine Jim.....but not as we know it ;)

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

Ian
you are one sick man, have you just bought an oil tanker you want to moor off the coast of your tax haven??
Mike
poppet valves rule!

kev_the_mole
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kev_the_mole »

Mike,

it's for one of these. 8mpg is not attractive :(

It's an engine Jim.....but not as we know it ;)

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

Karen says that if I had bought one of those she would have changed the locks and thrown my stuff in the garden by now!
I drove a bedford like that for the council when I was 21 for 3 months, inlet over exhaust 6 cylinder petrol into a 4 wheel drive box? I'm impressed you can get 8 mpg, the one the council had had 19 tonnes of gravel in a box over rear axle still had the Coppola in the cab roof from it's service days (handy for directing traffic we got between 4 and 6mpg and a sump full of oil every 1200 miles or so.
Mike
poppet valves rule!

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

Hi Tony
being a rather sad sort , sitting waiting to check out of this rather nice hotel I have been doing some calculations on the this supercharger type and your engine.
Some rough and ready calculations
if you take 10.5 to 1 CR as being about the max on 95 octane and a lively street cam then based on your 9.25 to 1 ( I think you said somewhere) and say peak power at 6300 revs revving out to 7000 rpm for gear changes.
peak torque should be at about 2/3 peak power revs, that is 4100 revs and be equal 100% cylinder filling. If you gear for 12 psi at 7000 then the supercharger will produce about 4.1 psi boost at 4100 revs, pretty safe I recon.
At peek power boost will be 9.72 psi, but at 80% volumetric efeciency the cylinder will "see" 7.7 PSI. still pretty safe
At 7000 revs you will bw down around 70% VE so effectivly about 8psi in the combustion chamber, on this basis I would recon 12psi at 7000 revs is pretty safe. I will do the calculations again for a reasonably efficient intercooler dopping say 2psi at 6000 revs while on my 22 hour flight back but I recon it is a good route to go and should work with your current spec.
Best regards
Mike
poppet valves rule!

stevieturbo
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by stevieturbo »

You can get pulleys made in as many ribs as you want.

6 or 8 rib would be more common though.
9.85 @ 144.75mph
202mph standing mile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgWRCDtiTQ0

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

Hi Tony
I was going to do a full rework on this using an intercooler, but the referances I have imply you should not drop more than 1 psi at peak revs on a correctly sized intercooler (I can calculate that for you when you start on this if you want) which would imply only about .3 psi at peak torque and .8 psi at peak power (ish) so it isn't realy going to change much.
Once you get her running and have a power curve, and decide to go down this route then, if you want I can go through the exercise for sizing all the components then.
Best regards
Mike
poppet valves rule!

stevieturbo
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by stevieturbo »

building an IC that doesnt restrict is easy...but dont forget, it also has to cool.

My old core (s) didnt pose a restriction worth worrying about. But it was crap at cooling. After recently upgrading to a much larger core, temperatures are much improved. Although no real difference in overall performance.
9.85 @ 144.75mph
202mph standing mile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgWRCDtiTQ0

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

cheers guys,

and yes i will do Mike thanks mate,
but as you said i need to get her running first, the ecu is away to forum member dnb now,
Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Forged 4.8 V8 kitted out with the dogs Cajones of parts. :D
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

Return to “Forced Induction”