Quad turbo V8 + power limits??

General Chat And Help Regarding Turbocharging and Supercharging.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

crayefish
Getting There
Getting There

Post by crayefish »

Just my few cents worth...

The only advantage I could see of having 4 turbos would be less turbo lag as the turbos would have less inertia. But for all that hassle then you might as well fit a supercharger as it has no lag!!!!!

However if you did want to go down the quad turbo route... (like me you might like pain and hassle!) you could use Garrett GT12s.

They will put out roughly 100hp on bike engines (up to a max of 150 I think). They might just be small enough for you. They have an internal wastegate. OR you could use the GT15 which is the same size but varriable vane for even less turbo lag, however you would need a pneumatic system to opperate it.

ANOTHER problem would be the pulses from the exhaust - you'd have to carefully match which cylinders so they are as close to 180 deg appart as possible and not have too short a primary.

Zander

Zander

kiwi303
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by kiwi303 »

I haven't been in the forced induction section for a while so I missed this thread, but the Maserati BiTurbo with the 2.0L engine uses a pair of IHI RHF5 turbos. on a 4.0L a foursome of RHF5's should be small enough to avoid major lag, and they are certainly big enough for your power goals.

Return to “Forced Induction”