Eaton M112 on a SBC?

General Chat And Help Regarding Turbocharging and Supercharging.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Dom

Eaton M112 on a SBC?

Post by Dom »

Hi

This is my first post, I'm about to start rebuilding a chevy small block, 350ci 1 piece rear seal, built 86-88, 2 bolt main. It's for a cobra replica i'm building. I was going to keep everything standard and stick to about 240bhp, but i've just got the chance to get an Eaton M112 supercharger.

Has anyone fitted one of these to a SBC, do you have any advice on doing this?

Cheers, Dom

Eliot
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by Eliot »

Hmm - might be a bit on the small side.
The holley/weiand 144 [low boost] blower is 144ci per rev - the eaton is 112 ci - so even smaller - so it will need to be spun hard and just generate extra heat.

Not saying it wouldn't work - but its not ideal.
Eliot Mansfield
5.7 Dakar 4x4, 4.6 P38 & L322 TDV8
www.mez.co.uk / www.efilive.co.uk

topcatcustom
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by topcatcustom »

6-71 with twin carbs :wink: :wink:

Might not be quite so replica-ey though!!!!!

Dont think I'd bother with a SC in a cobra, espec with a 350ci! Plenty of power to be got without a blower and it'll look more standard.

TC

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

With an SBC on vortec heads (which you should have on an engine of this vintace with a single piece seal) you can easily and cheeply get 350 to 400 bhp or even just over normally aspirated, with a standard bottom end. Have look on the hotrod and carcraft websites for buildups. I would build to this spec first. If you want more then look at the super charger.
Mike
poppet valves rule!

Dom

Post by Dom »

Thank you for your quick replys, i've got no experence with superchargers, other than once driving a XKR, if it was going to be a simple bolt on and get good power gains i would have done it, but i've now decided not to buy it.

As you say, 240bhp in a car that is less than a ton should be quite nice for the time being, plus i wont have to worry about the clutch and gearbox taking the extra power.

Maybe i'll think about supercharging my next project, when i decide what it'll be.

Dom

Return to “Forced Induction”