Idle problems

General Chat And Help Regarding Turbocharging and Supercharging.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Chedder

Idle problems

Post by Chedder »

Having some problems maintaining a stable idle after reving the engine,
Currently running an Eaton M90 on a TVR 3.5l, Jag injectors/AFM and adjustable 4cu ECU.
The engine starts and runs great but is prone to cutting out if you come off the throttle quickly, have tried allsorts of tweaking but cant get rid of this issue......any ideas?

Old TVR's never die....they just get faster!

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC »

Does it have the 'overrun cutoff valve', which is mounted next to the plenum over cylinder 6. It has 2 wires, and a small pipe going to the rear of the plenum?

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8
R/R L405 4.4 SDV8

Chedder

Post by Chedder »

It does have an over-run valve on the back face of the plenum, but it is the older style (no wires)
Chedder
Old TVR's never die....they just get faster!

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC »

Oh, I don't know how they work, so I don't know if that could be a problem.

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8
R/R L405 4.4 SDV8

Ian Anderson
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Ian Anderson »

I have a similar problem - come off power/ decelerate through the gears and it cuts out. But "blip" the throttle as you drop into neutral and it idles forever!

I have never found out the reason and put it down to the cam and valve mix I am running on the std ecu - but it does bug me!

So if you find an answer please post it up!

Ian
Owner of an "On the Road" GT40 Replica by DAX powered by 3.9Hotwre Efi, worked over by DJ Motors. EFi Working but still does some kangaroo at low revs (Damn the speed limits) In to paint shop 18/03/08.

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

Ian
Sounds like you are getting fuel "puddling" in the inlet when you lift off, throttle closed but still pumping petrol into the manifold for the higher revs, blipping in neutral dumps the excess fuel out the exhaust and the mixture is happu after that. Any Flames :twisted: :?
Mike
poppet valves rule!

Ian Anderson
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Ian Anderson »

Mike

Never noticed any flames - and don't get "loud backfires" as if there is excess fuel going trough to burn in the exhaust

Ian
Owner of an "On the Road" GT40 Replica by DAX powered by 3.9Hotwre Efi, worked over by DJ Motors. EFi Working but still does some kangaroo at low revs (Damn the speed limits) In to paint shop 18/03/08.

Return to “Forced Induction”