Eaton M112 Inlet Manifold

General Chat And Help Regarding Turbocharging and Supercharging.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Rossco
Moderator Gold
Moderator Gold

Post by Rossco »

About 3-4 weeks

topcatcustom
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by topcatcustom »

Anyone think the larger of these two would be any good?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-71-3-5 ... dZViewItem

topcatcustom
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by topcatcustom »

Ah this helps, though you may have all known it already..!!!

"The GMC types are rated according to how many two stroke cylinders, and the size of those cylinders, it is designed to scavenge. GMC has made 2-71, 3-71, 4-71, and the famed 6-71 blowers. For example a 6-71 blower is designed to scavenge six cylinders of 71 cubic inches each and would be used on a two-stroke diesel of 426 cubic inches which is designated a 6-71 and the blower takes this same designation. However because 6-71 is actually the engines designation, the actual displacement is less than the simple multiplication would suggest. A 6-71 actually pumps 339 cubic inches per revolution"

So a 4-71 it is, 3.9V8 = approx 245ci, 4*71 = 284, only just big enough but I suppose thats where drive speed and ratio's come into it. Anyone know how you are supposed to convert a dry GMC blower to a gas one?

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

If you are going for a GMC blower I would make sure you get one that includes the drive snout and casings. You can get books on rebuilding these but getting spares will probably involve importing them from the us, not a big problem but an added cost, though you would probably save money buying one already referbished. Personally I'd stick an injection manifold on it, sell the four barrel and buy an aftermarket ecu and use the M112 dry as it was designed, be cheepest as you have the blower already and it is about the right size.
Mike
poppet valves rule!

JP.
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by JP. »

I am running a Magnacharger 110 on a modifiet Offy 360 done by UK Blowers in Birmingham.
As far as my knowlege goes Eatons can not by driven with a wet mixture.

To be shure you should contact UK Blowers is he's devo more experianced with this. Don't fool around and invent the wheel again, the wheel is allready invented....... just contact Nigel
Ukblowers@aol.com

topcatcustom
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by topcatcustom »

Thanks, still got my eyes out for a 4-71 GMC blower though but typically the wrong one is far more common- the 6-71.
If one of these was underdriven it would do the same job but surely if running a lot slower it would be doing less work for the same outcome and the charge temperature would be a lot cooler than a smaller blower working at full speed?! But then again its a bloody huge heavy lump that wouldnt fit on a normal manifold :(
I thought carbs would be the easy option!!!!

andyv8van
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by andyv8van »

Hi,
having just got myself an Eaton M112 ,reading this has put some worries my way.

i will not be able to run the blower with the fuel intake running through the blower?

Andy
3.9 V8 Mini Van....THE BEAST

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

The M112 is designed to run without fuel passing through it, it doesn't have fuel proof seals in it. You need to use port fuel injection if you are going to mount it above the engine on a carb manifold.
Mike
poppet valves rule!

Return to “Forced Induction”