Supercharger

General Chat And Help Regarding Turbocharging and Supercharging.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

texpis
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Supercharger

Post by texpis »

Hi Contemplatingbuying this believe its an Eaton. I would like to fit it to a 4.2 with megasquirt an FI what do you think?

Mick

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC »

Looks like a lotta work as that's a carb manifold. Was that designed for twin SU's on a suckthrough?

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8
R/R L405 4.4 SDV8

Wotland
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Wotland »

Hello
Pretty sure it is an Autorotor twin screw supercharger. Whipple has also Autorotor licence to produce same supercharger.

texpis
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by texpis »

Yes it is designed for twin SUs. I was wondering if it would be possible to drill the manifold for injectors and use throttle bodies where the SUs would go or am I living in cloud cuckoo land!! Is this supercharger worth having or am I wasting my time with it?

Mick

bill shurvinton
Getting There
Getting There

Post by bill shurvinton »

Put injection TBs where the SUs were and run the screw wet. You'll have fun tuning acceleration enrichment, but otherwise will work well

texpis
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by texpis »

Bill
What do ypu mean by running wet? If I install injectors in the normal positions the air going through the charger will be dry or are you thinking of injecting before the charger?

Mick

chodjinn
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by chodjinn »

he means injecting before the charger, i.e. where ther SU carbs would bolt (taped up in that photo you posted).

If you want to fit injectors after the charger, on that manifold, then you'll need it machining to take eight injectors (on on each runner).

The easier option, like bill said, would be two small throttle bodies where the SU mounts are. (hope that makes sense, and is right!!)

Return to “Forced Induction”