Weiand blower on a RV8?

General Chat And Help Regarding Turbocharging and Supercharging.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Nutty

Weiand blower on a RV8?

Post by Nutty »

May be a really stupid question, but is this possible?

I have a 3.5L with RPI stage 3 heads (more like normal stage 2 I'm led to believe), high lift cam and Holly 390 on my Dutton. Has standard pistons and CR I believe.

Been looking on the Holley website and can't find a Weiand supercharger to fit the Buick 215 (which I assume has same inlet arrangement as the Rover). I'm no expert and don't really know if the blower fits straight onto the inlet ports or via a manifold. Either way I can't find any way of fitting one. Not looking for an absurd power increase, but from present 190hp ish (at flywheel) to 250hp would be nice (adjustable by pulley selection obviously). Looks and sound with blower sticking out of bonnet would also be pretty cool.

Any ideas please?

Thanks in advance

Nutty

HairbearTE
Guru
Guru

Post by HairbearTE »

You will need an inlet manifold. Many roots style blowers have been fitted to the rover engine by adapting a standard inlet manifold or by making one from scratch. Both of these routes involve a degree of welding and machining skills. The expense involved with paying someone else to do this work means that most such inlets that you will see for sale (they do appear on ebay from time to time) are home made. Lot's of this kind of thing were made a while back when drag racing rovers was big and racers were trying new ideas to get power from the rover. Forum member UKblowers will be able to advise you best on this subject and may be able to help with getting a manifold.

JP.
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by JP. »

Yess its possible and availeble.
Ukblowers in Birmingham can suplie you the kit.

ukblowers

Weiand 142 Rover blower

Post by ukblowers »

There are a couple of pics on here
http://usera.imagecave.com/ukblowers/

ukblowers@aol.com

Blown v8
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Blown v8 »

If you are serious about going the blower route, i have an offenhauser 360 professionally converted to take a 4-71 gmc ! I could easily be talked into selling,

katanaman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by katanaman »

Blown v8 wrote:If you are serious about going the blower route, i have an offenhauser 360 professionally converted to take a 4-71 gmc ! I could easily be talked into selling,
This is an 8 month old thread M8 he is either sorted or given up I would think.

baz_d69

Post by baz_d69 »

Blown v8 wrote:If you are serious about going the blower route, i have an offenhauser 360 professionally converted to take a 4-71 gmc ! I could easily be talked into selling,
You have PM!

v8 jago
Getting There
Getting There

Post by v8 jago »

There is a blower manifold on ebay for sale at the moment.
Was Rover v8 10.7@122mph, 0-60-3.01sec
Now Blown BigBlock Chevy 9.9@134 upto now on low boost.

topcatcustom
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by topcatcustom »

v8 jago wrote:There is a blower manifold on ebay for sale at the moment.
Tell me about it. After a month or so getting all the stuff to make my own and now half way through making it this one turns up- :evil: :evil: :evil:

Greg55_99
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by Greg55_99 »

Return to “Forced Induction”