injector sizing?

General Chat And Help Regarding Turbocharging and Supercharging.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

froggy
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

injector sizing?

Post by froggy »

im building a single turbo 3.9 with 9.3 pistons to start with and moderate boost but ultimately i want to use 8.1 pistons and 1bar boost, my turbo is a holset hx35 and the efi is the old lucas flap system hardware running ms for fuel and ignition ,my problem is knowing which injectors to use ?

katanaman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by katanaman »

You have another problem in that the flapper inlet doesn't take the common sized injectors. I would have a search around and see what you can get to fit first as you might be better swapping the inlet for a hotwire one to get a huge choice of injectors.

chodjinn
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by chodjinn »

and i have a complete reconditioned hotwire manifold/plenum with injectors and fuel rail if ya interested

Eliot
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by Eliot »

Something like 24 or 26Lb's should get you somewhere 300bhp. megasquirt site has an injector calculator from memory.

I happen to have a set of bosch 26lb'ers hi impedance for £200 - need to double check the flow rate though.

As kataman says, you will need the later hotwire base to use them though.
Eliot Mansfield
5.7 Dakar 4x4, 4.6 P38 & L322 TDV8
www.mez.co.uk / www.efilive.co.uk

stevieturbo
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by stevieturbo »

Get the hotwire manifold and fuel rails, and buy a set of Ford SVO Bosch green 42lb's off ebay.com

Job done, and you wont need to worry about running out of injector for a good while, and they are pretty good value.
9.85 @ 144.75mph
202mph standing mile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgWRCDtiTQ0

froggy
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by froggy »

cheers chaps, i sold a perfectly good hotwire system last year when i was going to run motorbike carbs :roll:

Return to “Forced Induction”