water meth on a blown v8

General Chat And Help Regarding Turbocharging and Supercharging.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Chris1976

water meth on a blown v8

Post by Chris1976 »

has anyone installed a water/meth injection kit on a blown v8?
blower with draw through carb setup, would you inject below the blower into each manifold port so all 8 get a healthy shot? or into the top along with the fuel?

stevieturbo
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Re: water meth on a blown v8

Post by stevieturbo »

does it even need it, and what are you trying to achieve ?

Is there any sort of charge cooling going on at all ?

I'd kinda say this is not a great application for it unless the thing is already on the ragged edge in terms of tuning and CR etc, with poor fuel quality.

I'd say there's zero point spraying before hand, as the blower is already receiving a wet mix from the carb. And even after, as it's a wet manifold.....still not convinced it's high on the necessary list.
And if you do spray in the inlet manifold, port injection would make the most sense. Anywhere in the intake will require suitable methods to prevent fluid ingress under vacuum when you do not want it

Is it high CR ? Lots of boost ? what sort of charge temps ?
9.85 @ 144.75mph
202mph standing mile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgWRCDtiTQ0

Blown v8
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Blown v8 »

I have it,
IMG_8486.jpeg
I’m running a fair bit of boost, I have 8 injectors in the “hat” and 8 in the manifold. You can see the water/meth injectors above the blower.
I’m using a fuel tech 550 to “run” everything. Under boost, most of the fueling is done in the manifold, the water/meth keeps the rotors cool and lubricated.

stevieturbo
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by stevieturbo »

Blown v8 wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:18 pm
I have it,
IMG_8486.jpeg

I’m running a fair bit of boost, I have 8 injectors in the “hat” and 8 in the manifold. You can see the water/meth injectors above the blower.
I’m using a fuel tech 550 to “run” everything. Under boost, most of the fueling is done in the manifold, the water/meth keeps the rotors cool and lubricated.
This is the thing though.....as he's carb, he already has fuel cooling the rotors.

Although all fuel/meth would wash any coatings off the rotors over time where they have it. I'd say water might well too, but perhaps to a lesser degree.
9.85 @ 144.75mph
202mph standing mile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgWRCDtiTQ0

Return to “Forced Induction”