Supercharger Advice..

General Chat And Help Regarding Turbocharging and Supercharging.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

need4speed
Getting There
Getting There

Supercharger Advice..

Post by need4speed »

If i wanted to supercharge my 4.6 defender 110, what would be the best route?

I have the chance of picking up a spanking new Eaton 112 for chip-money. However i know less than naff-all about forced induction, other than the fact that i really hate loud whistly superchargers. Is the 112 quiet?

Rossco
Moderator Gold
Moderator Gold

Re: Supercharger Advice..

Post by Rossco »

need4speed wrote: Is the 112 quiet?
No.

Easiest way to mount the M112 is on it's side alongside one of the rocker covers with the output ducted into the plenum. At least that's what I did with mine.

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC »

need4speed wrote:If i wanted to supercharge my 4.6 defender 110, what would be the best route?

I have the chance of picking up a spanking new Eaton 112 for chip-money. However i know less than naff-all about forced induction, other than the fact that i really hate loud whistly superchargers. Is the 112 quiet?
Just be careful with mixture distribution. I have this idea that at least one supercharger install left the rear two cylinders running weak. The resultant engine failures on a number of units put a well known tuner out of business.

Not sure which charger this was with though.

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8
R/R L405 4.4 SDV8

Rossco
Moderator Gold
Moderator Gold

Post by Rossco »

ChrisJC wrote:
need4speed wrote:If i wanted to supercharge my 4.6 defender 110, what would be the best route?

Just be careful with mixture distribution. I have this idea that at least one supercharger install left the rear two cylinders running weak. The resultant engine failures on a number of units put a well known tuner out of business.

Not sure which charger this was with though.

Chris.
Chris

If you try mounting the 112 in the valley on a modified inlet that's when you get the rear two cylinders starving. I believe RPi may have done it this way.

Mounting it on it's side alongside the rocker cover blowing through the normal plenum setup gives perfect flow distribution.

Return to “Forced Induction”