New to Supercharging

General Chat And Help Regarding Turbocharging and Supercharging.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

v8alligator
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

New to Supercharging

Post by v8alligator »

Hi all,

I am very green when it comes to supercharging a V8 and could do with some advice.

I have been offered a Wade R034 supercharger which has been overhauled with new bearings, seals and has had the rotors pined and looks to be as good as new.

I currently have a 3.5 V8i running flapper type injection system.

My plan is to machine the N/A inlet manifold currently fitted to the Blower to take injectors and fabricate a intake duct with a flange to suit a Discovery II Throttle body.

This will help to keep the current Injection system relatively in tacked.

Does anyone see any issues with this plan?

Can anyone give some advice/pointers on this type of instillation. I have never supercharged a V8 and dont want to cause myself problems.

The Wade as said looks brand new and it is complete with new pulley's belt and new Edelbroke manifold. Can anyone suggest a fair price for this type of kit?

If going to forced induction do I need to change the exhaust. Currently I have a custom made stainless system running 2 1/4" pipe.

As I have to fabricate a inlet duct, I presume the optimum is to keep the intake the same diameter bore as the throttle body as to not cause restrictions?

Any advice greatly received.

Bryan

katanaman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by katanaman »

Its up to you but instead of doing all the machining work and fabrication to get decent injectors in you might be easier/cheaper to fit a hotwire manifold and keep the throttle body it comes with. These work pretty well and take normal injectors so there is plenty choice. You're going to have to go over to megasquirt or similar anyway and tons of hotwire systems have been done.

Return to “Forced Induction”