Air mass/flow meters and Lambdas

General Chat About Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel Systems And Intake

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

dieseldog69

Air mass/flow meters and Lambdas

Post by dieseldog69 »

I am now conscious again after falling over when the guy at the local landrover garage handed me the price for a new AFM part No. ERR5198 its for a Discovery 3.9 and well lets just say if you take the tens of euro off the end thats what I paid for the whole car, they want 1566.76 euro not inc BTW(VAT to you and me) by any chance has Belgium re-located to MARS or something as when ever I splutter about the ridiculous prices they tell me its down to transport costs etc,.

So next question is this, what can I do next? gen part is a big fat NO, and please dont say order over the internet and ship it from the uk, I live in Belgium and am a cash only customer, just need to find a way round the issue, also the Lambda sensors are f***ed too so need 2 of them also and at 257.93 each I wont be buying genuine parts there either!!! but for the rest they were very good and actually simmilar to the uk!!

So AFM and Lambdas, ideas please guys as I cant run her on the LPG without the lambdas especially and 7MPG is really begining to hurt!!

1998 Discovery 3.9 V8
cooking on gas baby
if you aint livin life on the edge yr taking up too much room

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC »

Wow. Rimmers list an aftermarket part for £180.

Sounds like you need somebody to whom you can post a bunch of readies to.

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8
R/R L405 4.4 SDV8

Rossco
Moderator Gold
Moderator Gold

Post by Rossco »

If you can wait about 3 weeks I'm stripping a 3.9 out of a 1996 Discovery. You can have the AFM for £100 plus shipping.

dieseldog69

Post by dieseldog69 »

well answers to our questions are often found in the most unlikely of places, I have just had an e-mail back from a supplier of all types of motor parts from the Netherlands and he has come up with a rebuild kit for my AFM and at a cost of less than 90 euros, he can also supply my Lambda sensors for 60 euros each.

Ironic that as I plead for help the husband of a riding school client comes to my rescue, all I have to do now is work out a way of evading the 21.5% ttax issue and it should see shiny new bits under the hood.
1998 Discovery 3.9 V8
cooking on gas baby
if you aint livin life on the edge yr taking up too much room

Return to “Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel And Intake Area”