holley fitment?

General Chat About Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel Systems And Intake

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

speedy s

holley fitment?

Post by speedy s »

hi guys!
its the first time ive been on forum so please bear with me!

i have recently bought 1972 vw beetle which has been monster trucked, and running v8 (9.25 c/r) :D
just bought a good priced holley 390 carb but am now looking for s/hand manifold and any other parts needed?
i have read you have to modify thermostat housing etc? is this correct?
what type of fuel pump do i require? can i use std mechanical pump?

have any of you guys heard of c/ratio of 9.25 on an early engine? as the closest i can find recorded is 9.35???

regards steven

katanaman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by katanaman »

First welcome to the forum

Going by what others have said you have a late P6 engine.

As to the thermostat housing I guess it depends on what manifold you get and what housing it comes with but you shouldn't really have to modify anything.

Cant help on the original mechanical pump am afraid except to say most people use electric pumps.

speedy s

Post by speedy s »

thanks for youre help mate, i just need to find manifold without spending the earth!
will try to post some pics at some point! v8 hanging out the back of beetle with 33x12.50 15 wheels is an amusing site!

HairbearTE
Guru
Guru

Post by HairbearTE »

If you're on a tight budget keep your eyes on ebay. A number of stock style inlets that have been modded for use with a holley carb appear for sale on there from time to time. Some of the ones I have seen are suprisingly good, others most definatly not so! A second hand edelbrock for a rover v8 normally sells for almost as much as a new one, especially if the vendor has had it blasted for the photo! Offy inlets sometimes go for a little less and would serve your application just as well.

speedy s

Post by speedy s »

just bought another holley 390 with edelbrock manifold and chrome air cleaner with a trick kit? what is an trick kit??? another bargain price so i have 2 holley carbs now!!
it comes with angled base mount so is there any thing else i need??

Return to “Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel And Intake Area”