Holley 4 barrel carb..

General Chat About Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel Systems And Intake

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

General-LDV

Holley 4 barrel carb..

Post by General-LDV »

Hi all. A couple of mates and myself have just bought a 3.5 Rover V8 to go into our LDV 400(see owners cars for a pic!)

We didn't really want to mod the engine othe than just to get the old V8 to give off a louder roar!! :D we were thinking stiaght through pipe with a couple sock filters..
A chap who works with my mate has offered him a Holley 4 barrel carb as he has one spare, only wants a pint for it!!

3 questions:

1- will this help the sound?

2-will it make the mpg just ridiculous??

3-Any other suggestions for the sound??(k&n instead of socks?? :( )

Many thanks..

Tony :wink:

JP.
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by JP. »

Straight pipes with Cherry Bombs might help with the sound but it will never sound like a 440 Mopar so to speek.

About the Holley, if its a 390 cfm (listnumber 8007 on choketower) it will work on a 3.5. If its a 465cfm it might work but its probably allready to big. A 600 cfm is really too big unless you've a heavy modifiet 3.5.

Fuel consumption with the 390cfm depends on your right foot. On normal conditions I was able to do 10 kilometers on one liter. On long trips I did 12 kilomter on one liter with our 3.5 ( in a Ford Capri with a 5 speed tranny).

General-LDV

Post by General-LDV »

thanks for that mate, i will have to find out what size, i have no idea at the mo! :?

as for the sound i think we will have to the engine in and working 1st, then mod from there! :D

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC »

I think the fuel consumption will be lousy - full stop!

I can remember from years back my mates dad ran a van hire company with a fleet of Sherpa 400 series. He had a V8 on loan (17 seater minibus), manual, and he reckoned he could get 25mpg if driven sensibly...........

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8
R/R L405 4.4 SDV8

Eliot
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by Eliot »

ChrisJC wrote:(17 seater minibus), manual, and he reckoned he could get 25mpg if driven sensibly...........
Chris.
....of a cliff with a tailwind.
Eliot Mansfield
5.7 Dakar 4x4, 4.6 P38 & L322 TDV8
www.mez.co.uk / www.efilive.co.uk

Return to “Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel And Intake Area”