Rover SD1 Efi System, Testing and Adjustment

General Chat About Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel Systems And Intake

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

racer

Post by racer »

thev8kid wrote:racer,
may i ask where you are getting all this information from??
and is it copyrighted??
dont want any of my members getting into trouble
I don't think that is a risk! :)

The source is indicated at the front of the Epistles. It is a well done compilation of information gleaned from the emails of the TVR Wedge group on their pistonhead site. The first section of 82 pages was done in 2004.

It is missing some insider details and fixes but it is a fine effort. If you find it of use, the club suggests a contribution to the Cancer Society.

Taking of "copyright" there was a huge reaction when it was discovered that some lowlife had downloaded it and was selling it on eBay!

racer

ramon alban
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Re: Rover SD1 Efi System, Testing and Adjustment

Post by ramon alban »

racer wrote:[What you do offer is incorrect..or at least misleading as, in your point 4, where you simply talk about "dumb garages" and tell the owne, to set the idle air screw arbitrarily at 2.5 turns from the bottom becuase that is "ok". Why would you assume that? Adjustment screws are installed where it is envisaged that adjustment will necessary. If a single position was to suffuce, there wouldn't be an adjustment screw.

You also make no mention of the spring tension adjustment, the contact point for the fuel pump and how, in fact, to set the device at all. (It can only be set with a Co2 tester.)
Because its a "Starting Point" that generally works and the guide goes on to recommend getting CO emissions checked professionally. The essay warns against getting too deep into the AFM because it is specifically beyond the "scope of this procedure" . Perhaps you missed that? The context is, that it is intended for the amateur home mechanic as opposed to knowledgable professionals who might already know it all anyway.

I think you are being picky and totally out of context with the purpose of the essay which is a shortform guide to helping the home mechanic with his efi problems.

In addition I believe the average home mechanic is encouraged by this sort of guide because it tries to speak to his problems in my layman's terms without going too far into the technology.

It also advises to obtain professional help and further manuals if the guide does not fulfil its purpose. ie, being a guide.

Ive seen the epistles and they probably serve their own purpose admirably, but regarding your own archive, I may have missed something here, but not being claivoyant I cant find it.

In summary, I remain happy with what I have written and can not see a reason to modify it.

Ramon

ramon alban
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by ramon alban »

demo2 wrote:Page loads ok 4 me, but when trying to load the 1st pdf file it just comes up blank?
That sometimes happens if the version of Adobe Reader is below release 5.0 , or there is some other compatibility problem on a browser. PM me your email address and I will send you the word .doc file offlist

Ramon

Return to “Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel And Intake Area”