Oil in exhaust manifold ...

General Chat About Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel Systems And Intake

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

medwaykent

Oil in exhaust manifold ...

Post by medwaykent »

At my wits end !! Could anyone help me please .. did put a question already but no replies but have another which i hope someone can help with i didnt have any smoke coming from engine when i bought the trike found out bypass valve stuck so replaced and have great flow of oil now and smoky engine (blue smoke) what i dont understand is when engine needs rebore blue smoke possible.. where is oil that gets into bore coming from im thinking it comes from splashing up from sump would i be correct ? If yes my problem with engine is not rebore as oil has always been splashing upwards my problem lies at the heads and my new supply of oil .. any input would be appreciated...

Ian Anderson
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Re: Oil in exhaust manifold ...

Post by Ian Anderson »

Sounds to me like you have no crank case ventilation and it is pressurising due to some blow by on the pistons.

Or the valve stem seals are pooped and the oil in rocker area is making its way in ….. probably along the inlet valve stem

Ian
Owner of an "On the Road" GT40 Replica by DAX powered by 3.9Hotwre Efi, worked over by DJ Motors. EFi Working but still does some kangaroo at low revs (Damn the speed limits) In to paint shop 18/03/08.

stevieturbo
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Re: Oil in exhaust manifold ...

Post by stevieturbo »

Explain better.

So are you saying there is blue smoke from the exhaust ? smoke from elsewhere ? Is it using a lot of oil ?

Is it all the time, under load ? off throttle ? other ?

History....presumably it did not always do this then ? Or have you no knowledge of history ?

What do the plugs look like ? Are they showing signs of oily cylinders ? Is it all cylinders, one bank ? both banks ? other ?

And as above, is there a correct and functional breather system in place ?
9.85 @ 144.75mph
202mph standing mile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgWRCDtiTQ0

Return to “Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel And Intake Area”