General Chat About Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel Systems And Intake

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

dyno
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Exhaust manifold question

Post by dyno »

Hi,

I'm trying to put my V8 engine in a very tidy kit car. I'm wondering which exhaust manifold would run closest to the engine / gearbox?

I was thinking about TR7 V8 tubular manifold, Rover SD1 tubular (if exist) or maybe MG V8 ? Anybody that does have pictures or knows which one is running closed?

thanks in advance

Dirk

v8250
Getting There
Getting There

Post by v8250 »

You need to be more specific. What car and what's the space available between engine and chassis. The BV8 block huggers are tightly ran, but remember this type of manifold is less efficient than later RV8 manifolds as the BV8's needed to run between the engine and inner chassis rails. You may like to think of getting a manifold set made to suit our car for best flow.

dyno
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by dyno »

Car is a tubular chassis, original Eurocar V6 from SHP. I need to pass as close as possible just left and right from the gearbox Bell Housing.

Yes, MG looks like close as possible but not very effective. Been trying to compare with pics on internet, Stag with Rover V8 build in, collectors available from RimmerBross, seems to be close to but no idea they are much better as MG.

Maybe SD1, if someone could take a picture. Range Rover etc... will not fit.

thanks in advance

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveEFI »

The standard SD1 manifolds route the exhaust pretty close to the gearbox. To the point where the SD1 starter is different from the Range Rover one - which would foul the exhaust.
Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

dyno
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by dyno »

Anyone that does have some clean pictures how close the SD1 is?

Return to “Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel And Intake Area”