Injectors alternatives

General Chat About Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel Systems And Intake

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

jenko
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Injectors alternatives

Post by jenko »

Currently building an engine and using the standard fuel fail with the green stripe injectors. I've been advised that they don't have a great spray pattern and have inconsistent flow rates (i.e. difficult to match). It's important to get this right for me as the car the engine is going in needs to get through IVA emissions tests.

Question is, is there an alternative injector that fits....I purchased some bosh Greens only to find out they were too short!...Silly boy!.

Building a westfield V8

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveEFI »

If you are using a programmable system like MegaSquirt, it can cope with any suitable injector by altering the software. But if sticking to the Lucas ECU, you need identical replacements. Dunno who told you the standard injectors are poor. They are just fine if in good condition.
Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

jenko
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by jenko »

It will be running a Canems ECU......

It wasn't that the injectors were poor, it was more to do with the fact that their flow rate consistency is not great (they have seen up to 10% variation on the Ansu).

My other option at the moment is to stick with the Bosch Greens from the 4.6, and make up some small spacers from the fuel rail to the injector.
Building a westfield V8

mgbloke
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mgbloke »

I had a terrible time with a Canems on my V8mgb. never did get it to run properly. Asnu do some nice injectors. Try Mr Injector.

Seight-V8
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by Seight-V8 »

V8D do some matched injectors, although standard maybe not the best for the price.

http://www.v8developments.co.uk/product ... ndex.shtml

not sure if you can in your ECU alter the injector flow rates, but I can in mine, so if they don't match you can tune the pulses on each one slightly to make them match more, although this is not as esay as you think...

benefits in the atomisation of fuel in EV6 injectors wouldl also help emissions.

regards

scott

SimpleSimon
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by SimpleSimon »

I use Vauxhall Vectra high impedance (same as Hotwire) 1588 inj's and a 3 BAR BMW fpr benefits are better spray pattern and bigger CC I estimate around 255/265 this is using Megasquirt & using stock Hotwire fuel rail 8-)
TVR Chimaera RV8 Mods & Megasquirt

stevieturbo
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by stevieturbo »

Loads of modern injectors out there that could be made to fit one way or another and undoubtedly they would perform better than anything 20-30 years old

But if there is a shortcoming with whatever ecu you are using too...that wont be fixed by injectors. Although I'd like to think any half modern ecu would have no issue passing any test.

If you cant find anything locally from another vehicle, ASNU offer a huge range of injectors, or surely whoever is telling you your injectors are not good can offer an alternative which they claim is good ?
9.85 @ 144.75mph
202mph standing mile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgWRCDtiTQ0

Return to “Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel And Intake Area”