rover v8 36lb injectors

General Chat About Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel Systems And Intake

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

capriandyb1

rover v8 36lb injectors

Post by capriandyb1 »

I'm after some advice,I'm building a 4.6 twin turbo with the 3.9 inlet manifold and megasquirt
I'm needing a set of 36lb 3bar injectors.my question is,is there a car I can get these out that run them standard???

FarnhamStag

Post by FarnhamStag »

I would think they may be too small, I run Bosch 440cc 42lb injectors on mine and the duty gets close to maximum at times.
4.3 Big Valve V8, Rotrex C38-81, Intercooled, MS3X Triumph Stag.

capriandyb1

Post by capriandyb1 »

Ah, right it's the guy that making me the megasquirt set up that said about 36lb.....I'll go back and ask him about the 42lb.
Where did you get yours from if you don't mind me asking?

SuperV8
Guru
Guru

Post by SuperV8 »

Bosch 'green giant' 42Lb/Hr injectors seem to be the default infector for boosted Rover V8's

Bosch Part number 0280155968.
Can get then all over the place, just google to find the best price. I think they were originally our of a Volvo.

Plug straight into the Rover V8 (hotwire - not flapper different fuel rail) and have a much better multi hole design than work better over different fuel pressures than the older pintle type.

Tom.
Dax Rush 4.6 supercharged V8 MSII

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveEFI »

Note also the hole shape for the injector in the manifold varies between flapper and hotwire injectors, as the seals are different.
Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

capriandyb1

Post by capriandyb1 »

Thanks guys I'll have a look at them..its hotwire version iv got so that's not a problem

SimpleSimon
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by SimpleSimon »

If your using a Hotwire inlet manifold the world is your oyster with inj choice, for example you can use Ford & GM V8 USA inj etc for those bigger flow rates I am using 2.0 Vauxhall Vectra inj at 3.0BAR on a RV8 to give you an example :shock: (better spray pattern higher cc) this crowd get good feedback https://www.fiveomotorsport.com/fuel-injectors/ 8-)
Last edited by SimpleSimon on Wed May 25, 2016 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TVR Chimaera RV8 Mods & Megasquirt

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

this is interesting as my engine tuner has advised me to ditch my 440cc bosch injectors and go for some slightly smaller ones as they were over kill for my supercharged v8
now using these.
Bosch EV6 long 412cc injectors, part number 0280 155 968 (Green giant) injectors
Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Forged 4.8 V8 kitted out with the dogs Cajones of parts. :D
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveEFI »

Obvious problem with too large injectors is getting a decent idle.
Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

stevieturbo
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by stevieturbo »

Coops wrote:this is interesting as my engine tuner has advised me to ditch my 440cc bosch injectors and go for some slightly smaller ones as they were over kill for my supercharged v8
now using these.
Bosch EV6 long 412cc injectors, part number 0280 155 968 (Green giant) injectors
I would not listen to him. Even more so given such a small change, just daft.

Even for 500hp at typical pressures running at 80% duty, the calcs will recommend near 500cc

https://www.rceng.com/technical.aspx

Obviously there is room for play with those figures, but it just seems bonkers to go smaller than what you had.

Do you have any datalogs from before it all came apart ? What sort of injector duty cycles were you seeing ?
9.85 @ 144.75mph
202mph standing mile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgWRCDtiTQ0

stevieturbo
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by stevieturbo »

DaveEFI wrote:Obvious problem with too large injectors is getting a decent idle.
And 42's in no shape or form would be considered large, let alone too large.

Depending on his power goals they may not even be large enough.

my old 4.6 TT didnt make huge power, but I still needed to move up to 57lbs as the 42's were too small.

And whilst my LS is obviously different I run around 130lb per cylinder and have no problems at all with idle.
9.85 @ 144.75mph
202mph standing mile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgWRCDtiTQ0

capriandyb1

Post by capriandyb1 »

Quick update after all that iv gone for the Holley terminator 4 barrel efi kit

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveEFI »

capriandyb1 wrote:Quick update after all that iv gone for the Holley terminator 4 barrel efi kit
Interesting route. Let us know how you get on.
Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

DEVONMAN
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by DEVONMAN »

What manifold do you intend to use?

I have found that a crossover type manifold gives better distribution with a 4 barrel tbi. ( I had 2 AFR gauges on the engine to check it)
Single plane manifolds like the Offenhausser 360 gave poor distribution on my engine. It seems to be that you are squirting fuel in rather than sucking in what the engine actually needs as in a carb set up. It could be something to do with the cylinder 5 & 7 firing sequence.

You may find that the 80lb injectors in the Terminator are a little large for an ideal tickover mixture, unless you have a chunky cam in there of course.
1950 A40 Devon Hotrod with 5.0 twin turbo RV8.
EDIS8 wasted spark, Holley Injection.
Been as far as the Moon and back in 57 years of driving. Same Car, 5 engine upgrades !!!

capriandyb1

Post by capriandyb1 »

Thanks for the advise,I'm looking at the offenhauser 360 dual port its probably best for the low bonnet of the Capri..if you know of any other I'm open to suggestions?..theres only offenhauser or edelbrock these days thats readally available I'm finding
The engines a 4.8 rv8 forged pistons,and looking at getting the crower 50232 cam,stage 1 heads to start with
All designed to Going twin turbo in future

Return to “Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel And Intake Area”