Which manifold have i got???

General Chat About Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel Systems And Intake

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Which manifold have i got???

Post by Coops »

I'm getting ready to sort out getting a ported inlet manifold and ported trumpet base with bigger trumpets,
BUT unsure which one I have now (been a while), I think its a 3.9 inlet, reason why I ask as all my pipe work has been made to suit this manifold outlets etc,

the number on the inlet is ERC9119 done a quick search and saying early hotwire p38 96>
I'm sure its a 3.9 inlet we used.

Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Forged 4.8 V8 kitted out with the dogs Cajones of parts. :D
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

Eliot
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by Eliot »

Early P38 is GEMS which has the square black plenum.
Eliot Mansfield
5.7 Dakar 4x4, 4.6 P38 & L322 TDV8
www.mez.co.uk / www.efilive.co.uk

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

mmmm I'm lost then mate,
as never had one of them lol,
just did another search and it came back as 3.9 on another site, totally confused now lol,
Regards Tony C (COOPS)
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

v8250
Getting There
Getting There

Post by v8250 »

Tony, have just replied to your FB request. I have 2no trumpet bases if still searching. I'm here in Cold Ash. Feel free to come over. Rgds, Andrew

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

cheers mate must get together for a cuppa :D
Regards Tony C (COOPS)

v8250
Getting There
Getting There

Post by v8250 »

That's a splendid idea. Re' inlet manifolds, I must be getting senile in old age as do have 2no ERC9119 units, both in standard form if of use. They're both in excellent condition, no chips and ready for machining to larger trumpet size. Am at home this weekend if your you fancy tea and biccies.

Eliot
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by Eliot »

Actually thinking about it, the square black GEMS plenum bolts onto a hotwire base - so the bases are probably the same.
Eliot Mansfield
5.7 Dakar 4x4, 4.6 P38 & L322 TDV8
www.mez.co.uk / www.efilive.co.uk

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveEFI »

It could be the number on the casting applies to different versions, depending on how it is machined afterwards.

I think the early hotwire has the 'platform' the flapper EAV sits on, but the fixing holes not there. Later manifolds have the heater outlet there, so I'd guess a different casting number. Think I've got most here - so will take a look later.
The thread size for the CTS also changed along the line. As did the holes for the injectors.
Think with trumpet base, the main difference is the various outlets for vacuum to the servo and so on.
Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Hi Eliot,
they are its just the water outlets are different, and all my hoses are in silicone and been made to suit the outlets on the 9119 manifold, I'm still certain its a 3.9 base :lol:

Andrew sounds good, I'm just off to see if the second manifold I have stashed away is also a 9119 if so I may send that one away for porting then I know it will be ok with my hoses :)

Will also place a wanted ad as you never know whats out there for sale now days :)
Regards Tony C (COOPS)

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

nope other manifold is an old flapper one, :(
Regards Tony C (COOPS)

SimpleSimon
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by SimpleSimon »

Tony here is a Hotwire IM for use with the contoured raised center plenum, the later square top plenum (usually coated black) inlet manifold and trumpet base has a different port location Image .... Image 8-)
TVR Chimaera RV8 Mods & Megasquirt

Return to “Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel And Intake Area”