EFi mapping 3.9 and 3.5 (hotwire/14CUX)

General Chat About Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel Systems And Intake

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

SimpleSimon
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by SimpleSimon »

Good job Dave , I may be following suit with a Hall trigger if mine is not a readable reliable output for MS :cry:

TVR Chimaera RV8 Mods & Megasquirt

Cobratone
Is a Spanner

Post by Cobratone »

Simon, not all Edis 8 cap the revs at 6.4k, I know mine certainly doesn't!

I'm using D585 LS2 truck coils, bought on ebay new for around £15 each delivered

SimpleSimon
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by SimpleSimon »

Cobratone wrote:Simon, not all Edis 8 cap the revs at 6.4k, I know mine certainly doesn't!

I'm using D585 LS2 truck coils, bought on ebay new for around £15 each delivered
Yeh I heard that too its the Mustang version that revs better, but these are hard to track down and I think I have Lincoln ones, its def the module because I have tested the cut to the coils when it happens and its not my trigger input, I am not going to dwell on it now EDIS is long in the tooth so I am moving on :wink: its only the new engine spec thats bought on the need to update I think EDIS s a great stand alone ignition system to be honest 8-)
TVR Chimaera RV8 Mods & Megasquirt

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveEFI »

Interesting that there is an EDIS 8 module with an increased rev limit. Didn't know that. It's not a problem on my standard Vitesse engine, though.

Many change from EDIS to allow them to dial in their own rev limit. Or to not use wasted spark with a hairy cam and so on. Not sure any alternative will give a better spark as such.

Only reason I might change to individual coils is to give a neater looking engine.
Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

Return to “Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel And Intake Area”