Throttle linkage

General Chat About Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel Systems And Intake

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

AntC
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Throttle linkage

Post by AntC »

Could someone kindly post a photo of the standard SD1 throttle return spring arrangement on the inlet manifold. I am looking to replace the Heath Robinson fittings that a PO found acceptable. The carbs are SU HIF 6s. Many thanks.

Cheers

Ant

1958 Land Rover Series1 V8

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveEFI »

Which SD1? There were several carb varieties and EFI as well as auto and manual. So I'd guess there are different arrangements for the spring.

On my EFI, it runs from the cam that converts the cable to shaft to a bracket on the inlet manifold.

The only pic in BL manual is for the 175CD carbs. If that's of use I'll post it here.
Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveEFI »

Just had a look at the S1 manual - that has the HIF6. It shows the linkage, but not the spring. Looks like it attaches to a separate lever on the cable cam.
Trouble is the P6 had similar carbs - but a rod linkage. There are so many variations across the years and models.
Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

AntC
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by AntC »

DaveEFI wrote:Which SD1? There were several carb varieties and EFI as well as auto and manual. So I'd guess there are different arrangements for the spring.

On my EFI, it runs from the cam that converts the cable to shaft to a bracket on the inlet manifold.

The only pic in BL manual is for the 175CD carbs. If that's of use I'll post it here.
Not sure about any of the information you need Dave as the engine is in a Land Rover S1 and all I know is that it is off an early SD1. I am finishing off a rebuild and will post a picture shortly which may help.
Cheers

Ant

v8250
Getting There
Getting There

Post by v8250 »

Just google image Rover SD1 Throttle Linkage, it's not that bloody hard...100's of images :roll:

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveEFI »

See if this helps:-

The lever beside No11 is where the spring would go. On an auto, it looks to be different. That shaft continues to the back of the manifold for the gearbox cable, and the spring is halfway along that. If the engine came from an auto, the linkage may have been altered if now manual.
Last edited by DaveEFI on Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

AntC
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by AntC »

v8250 wrote:Just google image Rover SD1 Throttle Linkage, it's not that bloody hard...100's of images :roll:
Toss-pot
Cheers

Ant

AntC
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by AntC »

DaveEFI wrote:See if this helps:-

For some reason it has come out vertical.

The lever beside No11 is where the spring would go. On an auto, it looks to be different. That shaft continues to the back of the manifold for the gearbox cable, and the spring is halfway along that. If the engine came from an auto, the linkage may have been altered if now manual.

Thanks - I am missing some parts and this has helped a lot.
Cheers

Ant

Return to “Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel And Intake Area”