More twin plenum questions

General Chat About Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel Systems And Intake

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Fozwanger
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

More twin plenum questions

Post by Fozwanger »

Finally took delivery of my twin plenum that I'm going to modify for FI, my question is:-
Will the twin plenum and trumpets fit on a 5.0 ltr TVR manifold?
The reson I ask is I've been offered one for free and if they have the same size ports in then it'll save me maching the twin plenum injector holes.

Jeff :D

K4000JB
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by K4000JB »

Hi
If the 500 manifold is standard it will have a standard 38mm opening at the trumpet base end. If it has been ported it will be 44mm approx, the twin plenum trumpets are 42mm, so you are better off port matching a manifold to the trumpet base or have bigger trumpets fitted.
HTH

Edited to add
The twin plenum trumpet base will bolt straight on to the hotwire manifold

Fozwanger
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by Fozwanger »

Thanks for that, I'll have a look when I get it and see which is easier, porting a Hotwire base or machining the injector holes to accept 14mm dia injectors :-)

Eliot
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by Eliot »

K4000JB wrote:Hi
If the 500 manifold is standard it will have a standard 38mm opening at the trumpet base end. If it has been ported it will be 44mm approx
I thought all 500 manifolds were 44mm. The ones I've worked on are. If its 38mm, surely its not a 500 engine?
Eliot Mansfield
5.7 Dakar 4x4, 4.6 P38 & L322 TDV8
www.mez.co.uk / www.efilive.co.uk

K4000JB
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by K4000JB »

Hi A friend of mine had an original example as it left the factory and that had 38mm standard trumpets he changed a few things and made 350bhp without altering CC. But I guess with TVR you could have pretty much anything

Fozwanger
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by Fozwanger »

I'm going to collect this week, it's come from a burnt out car so there's not a lot of it left. When I last looked at it it certainly looked larger on the inlet (where the butterfly is) and the plenum from memory looked bigger.
My plan was to use the bottom half with new injectors and use the hotwire fuel rail. I'm not so worried about the step up in bore size from the trumpets to the manifold as it's being force fed with twin turbo's so shouldn't have too much of an effect

Return to “Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel And Intake Area”