Rover 3500S exhaust

General Chat About Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel Systems And Intake

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

p6v8s

Post by p6v8s »

Thanks pocketrocket, I did contact powerspeed by phone & they never got back to me :0( I spoke to zero exhausts & the guy did sound good, but needed to look at the car first, which is difficult because of working hours. I have found someone in Dover, called powerflow, to do the job.

Spongo
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Spongo »

I had my exhaust and manifolds etc made by one of there franchises up here in the north, excellent quality and top guys to boot. It was expensive with the CATS as well but I would deffo recommend there stuff. You should get a lifetime warrenty as well.
Range Rover 630R or otherwise known as the Money Pit
MS2 with switch MAPS for LPG
Techedge Wideband Sensor

JSF55
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by JSF55 »

Would the SD1 manifolds fit where the old P6 ones are, they're quite unrestricted and quieter than the 4 branch type
So thats where it went !

harvey
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by harvey »

JSF55 wrote:Would the SD1 manifolds fit where the old P6 ones are, they're quite unrestricted and quieter than the 4 branch type
SD1 manifolds won't fit on a P6B.

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveEFI »

JSF55 wrote:Would the SD1 manifolds fit where the old P6 ones are, they're quite unrestricted and quieter than the 4 branch type
SD1 manifolds exit at about 45 degrees at the rear. IIRC, P6 go straight down from the middle.
Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

p6v8s

Post by p6v8s »

Thanks Spongo, I was hoping someone would validate my choice. It looks like I will retain the original manifolds for now, as I can't justify spending hundreds of pounds on new ones that aren't much better than the originals. Thanks for the suggestions though everyone.

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveEFI »

I'd imagine it would be possible to improve the design of the original manifolds. It's the SD1 type which is pretty good to start with. But I don't know just how much gain you'd get on a standard engine.
Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

Return to “Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel And Intake Area”