Thor Efi parts to 3.5 Rover

General Chat About Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel Systems And Intake

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveEFI »

Yes - if you use the later heads already reduced in thickness for composite gaskets, the CR should be the same. Skim them, and the compression ratio goes up.

Remember to omit the outer row of head bolts - or simply nip them up if you feel that would look strange.

Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

ThatV8sound

Post by ThatV8sound »

Dave,
is there a rule of thumb for what skim depth relates to a corresponding rise in CR?
Some running some waiting...

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveEFI »

ThatV8sound wrote:Dave,
is there a rule of thumb for what skim depth relates to a corresponding rise in CR?
Beyond me, I'm afraid. An expert should be along shortly. :D
Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

badger
Getting There
Getting There

Post by badger »

Hotwire fuel rail fits if you crop one of the rear brackets where the coil pack would mount. Single-pipe fuel system is ecu-controlled, pressure regulated by pump. Vacuum servo offtakes is on the front "cross-plenum", opposite end to throttle body. Front of manifold can be machined out, drilled and tapped to take a standard thermostat and housing, allowing clearance for a distributor ( or a less-complex cooling system!).
Did this years back, ran a top-hat linered 4.6 in a 110 with a torquey cam on a Mark Adams re-chipped ECU. Pulled like a train to 4500rpm then fell on its face, but that was probably more to do with the cam than anything else...
Badger.
"Real sport has 8 spark plugs"
www.roverv8engines.co.uk

ThatV8sound

Post by ThatV8sound »

Badger,The mod to the inlet manifold sounds interesting, and would save some effort at the front end. Also the GEMS fuel rail has been mentioned earlier so its definitely worth a look and trial fit. I think in the absence of any recommendations to the contrary, I'll stick with the 3.9 EFI cam as a replacement for the stock P6 one, that way it should all play along together. I'm not looking to do anything except make it easier to use and more reliable.
Thanks for adding to the thread.
Some running some waiting...

Return to “Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel And Intake Area”