fuel pressure regulator - SORTED!!!

General Chat About Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel Systems And Intake

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

DEVONMAN
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by DEVONMAN »

The road speed sensor wires should be a Yellow and a white.
Regards Denis

1950 A40 Devon Hotrod with 5.0 twin turbo RV8.
EDIS8 wasted spark, Holley Injection.
Been as far as the Moon and back in 57 years of driving. Same Car, 5 engine upgrades !!!

welshphill

Post by welshphill »

cheers fella, guess what i'm doing tomorrow...

the game continues!!!
GO HARD OR GO HOME....

welshphill

Post by welshphill »

GAME OVER!!!!

landy disco - nil
(put up quite a fight, always on the offensive but was outclassed in the end)

welshy - 1
(a good result for the underdog, esp after such a shaky start, at times looked like he was'nt in the game, but managed to pull off the win against a much more experienced side)

finally found the culprit(s)...

the Throttle position sensor and Vehicle speed sensor BOTH cream crackered!!!!

after emptying the cats, changing the fuel pressure sensor, checking fuel pressure plus replacing the fuel filter, asking loads of questions on 4 forums, loosing heart, thinking bout scrapping her and generally being a right moody so n so. TPS and VSS turned out to be causing the limp mode effect ( the jury's still out as to weather my ecu has/is capable of limp mode) but now she's purring like a kitten, running and revving as you'd expect...

did 30 miles from a cold start (after letting her tick over until warm) on petrol, in varied driving conditions and styles then turned around and did the last 10 back on lpg, nothing but normal-ness!!!!

my advice to anyone in a simular position.... BUY A FAULT CODE READER ASAP!!!!

i could of saved a whole load of time and fustration by doing exactly that... the only thing i've gained is that i have a really good, intimate knowledge of my car and have changed most of her servicable parts, so they won't need looking at for (hopefully) a long time to come

i could'nt have done it without the help, knowledge, time and patience of the folk on here, (and other sites) who took the time out to help, why??? because they could...

and for that i thank you
GO HARD OR GO HOME....

softdash3.9
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by softdash3.9 »

Please you got it sorted :wink: ,took me a month to diagnose a defective rotor arm on My RRC 3.9 :oops: and I have all the diagnostics, that told me nothing :evil: back to basics and out with the LR CD :wink:
Regards
Royston

welshphill

Post by welshphill »

RAVE.... on

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GO HARD OR GO HOME....

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveEFI »

Not knowing anything about LPG, any guesses why the faults only affected the running on petrol?
Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

welshphill

Post by welshphill »

my guess, and it is a guess. is that because the lpg system has it's own ecu that 'fools' the cars original ecu into thinking the petrol system is not in use...

along side the lpg's ecu are emulators that take care of the injectiors/lpg delivery and it does not use/need the TPS, VSS and o2 sensors, etc.

but i'm very much a noob at lpg and my knowledge and experience was gleaned from the experts and lpg enthusiasts @ lpgforum.co.uk

i totally recommend talking to these guys if you have any problems/issues with an lpg system, they also have a good sound knowledge of the type of vehicles/engines that lpg is typically used on (they certainly gave me more advice about my disco's systems and problem that a certain land rover site!!!!!)
GO HARD OR GO HOME....

Return to “Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel And Intake Area”