What Book for V8 Tuning

General Chat About Engine Build

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Lushman

What Book for V8 Tuning

Post by Lushman »

Hi All,

I currently have a Capri with a P6 V8 engine, but have an opportunity to purchase a SD1 motor.

An old friend is willing to do the work for me I just need to supply him with the motor and parts and Information.

Does anyone know of a good Rover V8 Tuning book?
He mentioned "how to power tune rover v8's" by Des Hammil. Is this any good or is there a better book?

Many Thanks

Lushman

kokkolanpoika
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by kokkolanpoika »

David Hardcastle make also very good books. Maybe better than Des Hammill?
Have a look here.

Timo

ihatesissycars
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by ihatesissycars »

Both the Hardcastle and Hammil books are good. The Hammil book also covers all the later 4.0 and 4.6 engines which has proved very usefulk for me and it also details all the interim 3.9 engines too. If you can only get one then get the Hammil book i say.

Ps, is your car black?
V8'less but a fountain of dorky knowledge ref v8's!

Lushman

Post by Lushman »

Thanks guys for the info will look into those book any further recommendation just let me know cheers

no mate it's an orange capri, here's a couple pics

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Hi Lush mate,
what took you so long to join us 8)
hows the car coming along???
you going to the pod with her again this year????
Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Forged 4.8 V8 kitted out with the dogs Cajones of parts. :D
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

Lushman

Post by Lushman »

Hi Tony, sorry mate been busy with work. :oops:

Yep taking her to pod, but have sourced another motor that a mate wants to tune for me, all I have to do is provide the motor and components. He reckons he can get around 250bhp without huge expense. He has just finished building a Gt40 Replica using a 5.0 litre ford V8 engine. I will post some pictures when I see it next time for you.

I have been offered a single holley carb and manifold for little money so will use that until I can get some extra money for fuel injection. probably in 2008.

Stuball and Myself have signed up for the Old Skool Ford Drag Challenge. 7 rounds of 1/4 mile racing (most of them are at Pod) so it should exciting taking my baby back up the strip.
how about yourself when do next plan to visit Pod?

Cheers

Dave

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

i will be there again this year with Ian from this forum,
not signed up for the old skool this year(was last year), BUT if you and stuball have i may sign up again then this year,

regarding when im going up, maybe in next few weeks when the tracks are open again as need to do some setting up with the gas tyres and retard of the ignition
Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Forged 4.8 V8 kitted out with the dogs Cajones of parts. :D
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

Boosted LS1
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by Boosted LS1 »

Lushman,

Have you thought about turbo's? I have to mention that because I've squeezed a pair of t3's into a v8 capri and I know it'll fly when it's on the road. On stock c/r you should be able to run 5-7 lbs of boost.

Boosted.

Lushman

Post by Lushman »

Cheers boosted, At the mo I can't afford to go that way but will consider it an option in the future.

I just bought the Hardcastle book for £11 nearly on ebay including delivery but there was some confusion regarding delivery costs but sorted now.

Return to “Engines Area”